Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this helpful to you? From the Ali reviews it seems exactly the one I have. (below image taken from the review)

View attachment 396296

I tried looking for Italian links but couldn't find any :cry:

Thanks mate, I appreciate this! So the Bluetooth 4.1 ver. is the best possible at the moment, right? ‘Cause it seems no 4.2 modules exist for Airport on Hackintosh and is still early for 5.0. Do you think I’ll solve hiccups with 4.1 ver? Is it correct from 4.0 to 4.1 the most important advance is the control of overrides between BT and LTE frequencies? My 4.0 work flawlessly a part from those random hiccups, that’s why I thought to try a 4.1 module.

Thanks mate, I appreciate this! So the Bluetooth 4.1 ver. is the best possible at the moment, right? ‘Cause it seems no 4.2 modules exist for Airport on Hackintosh and is still early for 5.0. Do you think I’ll solve hiccups with 4.1 ver? Is it correct from 4.0 to 4.1 the most important advance is the control of overrides between BT and LTE frequencies? My 4.0 work flawlessly a part from those random hiccups, that’s why I thought to try a 4.1 module.

No, 4.2 is the latest you can get.

Screen Shot 2019-03-31 at 1.39.05 PM.png

Look at the "HCI Version" above from my current card, it is Bluetooth 4.2, which is superior to 4.0. Going by this chart, 0x8 = 4.2, as macOS states above.

5.0 is available on real Macs, but like I said, Apple uses some new company (UCI I think, found in new MacBook Pros and iMac Pros and Mac Minis) and their modules are soldered on their boards and not available separately.

This card that I currently used and provided links for you, fixed most of my problems. I used to get constant drop outs on almost all wireless headphones, especially ones that use aptX codec (higher bitrate than AAC).

Now I can stand up and walk around without the headphones dropping out. I would get drop outs even when I sat next to the computer too. AirDrop and Apple Watch Unlock also work flawlessly. Also the Space Gray Apple Wireless Keyboard shows up during BIOS (just like OSXWifi) so I am not using wired keyboards anymore.

Also I can saturate the 5G Wifi on this card without a problem as well.

So I recommend you order 1, its only $28 USD and Ali Express may take a few weeks to ship, but $28 is nothing compared to the peace of having working Bluetooth in 2019.

Remember there are various versions of the XXXXCS2 card you can get, I spent weeks doing research and from what I remember there is 2-3 versions of this same module. Some have 2 antennas, some have 3. And there are some minor board revisions that Broadcom made for Apple. So it gets confusing.

I might even order 2 more of these cards from Ali so I can have a backup in the future.

Last edited:
For some reason I'm still getting an immediate wake after sleep, even using the small tree kext.

2019-03-31 20:01:38.832277-0700 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GBE1
2019-03-31 20:01:38.832278-0700 localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) AppleACPIPlatformPower Wake reason: GBE1

@djlild7hina @kgp do you folks also have this issue?

@izo1 Can you provide exact link on Ali Express of the same model of the card.
Searched a lot, could not find the right one you posted here.
Thanks
I use this and most of the problems went away. You can find it cheaper on AliExpress :thumbup:

I have the same hardware configuration with you(I9-7980XE+ radeon VII. but it doesn't work! Davinci Resovle slower than vega64 and Final cut pro X crashes though Geekbench and Luxmark scores normal. What steps have you taken after updating to 10.14.5 beta1?

Just to clarify. Is your system recognizing the VII? My system is built with KGP's method. The card is installed in slot 1. This latest update was a bear to install. It froze twice and finally finished the update on the third try. Once it updated, I added the VII to slot 1 to see if it worked and it did. It seems to have acceleration issues but I'm expecting that to improve with driver updates. Compare your kexts and amls to mine. Maybe I have a driver you don't?
Here is my library/extension folder and my ACPI/Patched folder for comparison. If you have these I'd suggest reviewing KP's guide to verify you didn't miss anything. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ojave-successful-build-extended-guide.255082/

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 10.18.34 AM.png
Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 10.20.04 AM.png

Hello all..

vega 64 my video card came and I'll make a setup experiment tomorrow..in general I understood the issue. 2 things to ask. I'll be satisfied if you answer.

1.e.) After adopting the IOCPUNumber for your particular Skylake-X processor, save the info.plist file and copy the modified TSCAdjustRest.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - directories of both USB Flash Drive Installer and System Disk and you are save and all done!

We have prepared the file to the system disk and the USB disk to throw said..system disk will be hollow..I didn't know if I was going to get to the system disk before or after installation..The EFI folder will appear after formatting the system disk.Will we throw it in?So before installation?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.For native NVRAM implementation, Clover's RC Scripts have to be omitted during the clover boot loader installation. If already previously installed, remove Clover's RC Scripts from the /etc directory of your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer or System Disk.

After we set up mojave, we think we can handle this...Or will we have to remove it from the installation screen?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.Also the "slide" boot flag needs to be disabled.

exactly where do we have to do this?

thank you all.

Thanks @izo1 for the quick response.
This morning I ordered 2. Free Standard shipping to India.
But long delivery period 17 to 28 days, all paid deliveries are also
10-17 days, I opted for free. They also offered $3 discount for new user.
Overall good deal.

Thanks

Hey guys and @kgp !

Since I updated to 10.14.4 and to the latest KGP's EFI Folder, my system fails to boot form cold start sometimes with the following errors in -v mode. Can anybody provide any hints how to solve? Much appreciated...

IMG_0165.jpeg
IMG_0166.jpeg

Through really hardwork day and night, I now confirmed one thing: 10.14.5beta1 lost H.264 hardward decoding whether VII or Vega64 if you are X299 platform with iGPU on board. I have to roll back to 10.14.3. What a painfull result!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back