Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ad 1.) Partly yes.. You should enable implemented USB port limit patches, use the fully implemented kext zipped in your EFI-Folder and properly implement HS09 (9) and HS10 (9) in the latter. Then you should DISBALE "Alpine Ridge XHCI WA" and see if the TTR ports still pop-up under HS09 and HS10 of XHCI.

ad.2) Did you add the new NVMe in the second M.2 onboard slot or did you add the new NVMe by means of an additional PCIe adapter in any PCIe slot of your Deluxe II? If the primer is the case, the new ANS-SSDT is of general interest for all Deluxe II users and should remain included during all ongoing tests, which also states for your second NVMe recently added.

From all former tests with @applemacosxGOD it seems necessary to connect a USB-C device at boot for populating DSB2 with XHC3 entries and to successfully load also the respective TTR USB-C PCI driver. Afterwards one also should be able to at least hot swap USB-C devices.

You really should properly initialise and verify the functionality of your TTR onboard controller and its 2 ports with TB and USB-C devices under Windows before performing any tests under macOS. If the TTR onboard controller is not properly initialised once and not performing as expected, all test results obtained under macOS are useless anyway.

Also ensure that the IOREG.saves and PCI snapshots you will upload now and in the future, are really taken at same instance and do not represent different system states or different temporal instances.

1. With 3 USB port limit patches for 10.14.3 enabled, USB kext with HS09(9)&HS10(9) implemented and "Alpine Ridge XHCI WA" disabled, the USB-C SSD appears under HS09&HS10 with USB2.0 speed.
The USB-C hotplug is available now. It seems that my previous USB-C SSD is malfunctioning so that it can't be read at boot, with the new one being tested, hotplug is successful, which appears and reappears under HS09&HS10 in the IOreg.save during hot-plugging.

The test results with USB-C PCI driver is same with applemacosxGOD, I need to connect the USB-C device before booting into the OS, then the respective TTR USB-C PCI driver can be loaded.

2. I added the new NVMe in the onboard M.2_3 slot. I now have three M.2 slots all with devices plugged. (Shown at Picture A) IOreg.save and PCI chart screenshot are also attached

Attachments

• HS09&10 (Hotplug success).ioreg
    15.2 MB · Views: 56
  • With new SSDT-ANS.ioreg
    18.2 MB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 1.52.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 1.52.38 PM.png
    578.8 KB · Views: 76
  • A.png
    A.png
    464.5 KB · Views: 90
yes, it contains the latest BIOS. But I prefer to directly flash the rom with Winflash_284, which is able to flash any rom and also able to save the original BIOS before.

Radeon VII waterblocks are estimated to arrive in 5-6 weeks (as my contact at EKWB told me)...just wanted to let you know if you can hang on for that long :mrgreen:

Some Chinese manufacturer will probably make that in 2-3 weeks :geek:

Reactions: kgp
:rolleyes:
I thing
You did not check my system files.
All information there.Just double click SPX file.
I test X99 system with IEEE card sleep worked.
I don't like You connect to KGP and me.
We are friends.
Send me Navaratnams-Mac-Pro-2.zip
Friend,I did not mean any disrespect . Just noticing that your EFI is very different than the one recommended in this thread. As @kgp mentioned to you in a earlier post, it is difficult for anyone to help you if you persist in not respecting the guidelines for the EFI creation. Lastly a screenshot and .spx file are 2 very different things. Good luck to you.

Radeon VII waterblocks are estimated to arrive in 5-6 weeks (as my contact at EKWB told me)...just wanted to let you know if you can hang on for that long :mrgreen:

Some Chinese manufacturer will probably make that in 2-3 weeks :geek:

yea .. quite bad news indeed. :p Somebody else told me the same thing yesterday. Thus, your info seems rock solid.

Well, I am currently using the air-flow Sapphire VII of my friend in my old X99 rig for testing purposes and he is using my air-flow Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 in the meanwhile.

My custom waterblocked X299 rig will have to wait for the waterblock in the meanwhile and there are also currently no VII available here in Germany. Everything out of stock, and again available by end of February, beginning of March 2019.

Do you know if there will be a VII waterblock from Aliexpress like in case of the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 maybe released earlier? Or to which Chinese manufacturers are you referring?

Also hesitating for which VII to go for. I also might purchase two of the AMD reference cards.. or maybe ASRock? I was impressed by their fast response on providing the missing UEFI gop.

:rolleyes:

Friend,I did not mean any disrespect . Just noticing that your EFI is very different than the one recommended in this thread. As @kgp mentioned to you in a earlier post, it is difficult for anyone to help you if you persist in not respecting the guidelines for the EFI creation. Lastly a screenshot and .spx file are 2 very different things. Good luck to you.
Thanks my friend
I am working at the moment.
When I back to home I will make screenshot.
I remove kexts sleep not work.
I remove SSDT not work.
3 things
Graphics or USB OR CPU:)

Thanks my friend
I am working at the moment.
When I back to home I will make screenshot.
I remove kexts sleep not work.
I remove SSDT not work.
3 things
Graphics or USB OR CPU:)

@nmano, my friend... would you use an EFI-Folder I would make for you? ;)

If so, can you upload an IOREG.save of your system without any SSDT and WEG in your EFI-Folder? In this case I would need to know once more all your hardware components as well as your specific slot population.

1. With 3 USB port limit patches for 10.14.3 enabled, USB kext with HS09(9)&HS10(9) implemented and "Alpine Ridge XHCI WA" disabled, the USB-C SSD appears under HS09&HS10 with USB2.0 speed.
The USB-C hotplug is available now. It seems that my previous USB-C SSD is malfunctioning so that it can't be read at boot, with the new one being tested, hotplug is successful, which appears and reappears under HS09&HS10 in the IOreg.save during hot-plugging.

The test results with USB-C PCI driver is same with applemacosxGOD, I need to connect the USB-C device before booting into the OS, then the respective TTR USB-C PCI driver can be loaded.

2. I added the new NVMe in the onboard M.2_3 slot. I now have three M.2 slots all with devices plugged. (Shown at Picture A) IOreg.save and PCI chart screenshot are also attached

I am a bit lost for now... how many onboard 1GB LAN ports are implemented on the Deluxe II? Just 1? Thus in one of the three M.2 slots you are using a BCM943602CS BT/Wifi controller? Is this the one that relates with PCI0.RP09?

Any link to know about which BCM943602CS BT/Wifi controller we are talking. Does it fully work as expected and would you recommend that it should be used also by all other Deluxe II users? How it connects with USB and how do you manage with the antennas? Does the M.2 heatsink remains removed in this case?

Last edited:
yea .. quite bad news indeed. :p Somebody else told me the same thing yesterday. Thus, your info seems rock solid.

Well, I am currently using the air-flow Sapphire VII of my friend in my old X99 rig for testing purposes and he is using my air-flow Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 in the meanwhile.

View attachment 387059

My custom waterblocked X299 rig will have to wait for the waterblock in the meanwhile and there are also currently no VII available here in Germany. Everything out of stock, and again available by end of February, beginning of March 2019.

Do you know if there will be a VII waterblock from Aliexpress like in case of the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64 maybe released earlier? Or to which Chinese manufacturers are you referring?

Also hesitating for which VII to go for. I also might purchase two of the AMD reference cards.. or maybe ASRock? I was impressed by their fast response on providing the missing UEFI gop.

I’m sure it’ll show up in Ali soon in a couple of weeks. They’re all off brand stuff as you’ve seen.

AMD has 1 year warranty so maybe another manufacturer is good which has 2 years.

I ordered from AMD directly but cancelled but they still shipped it so guess I will keep it haha

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back