Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp
@ICEVISION

If I run benchmark system panic
Any idea?

First of all I noticed the Boot category
You got a bit of a mess there
Why not leave as a guide of ֲ@kgp?

As soon as I built the system, I tried to overklock without knowing the X299 ... I did Overclock on both the X99 and the Z370

But in the X299 without knowledge both in Windows and Mac the computer would fall during the test

After looking for some information on-line and I also did the tests according to my way of working.

I installed 4 fans on the NZKT KRAKAN 62 instead of the 2 that comes from OBB
2 push
2 pul

And most importantly .. the best result I really achieved after a week
Every day I work on the computer for example at 4.2GHz see how it behaves
Day to shift increases to 4.3GHZ etc. etc.

I have already shared sources that I have followed
I'll share again

This is a guide I want to check on the weekend, see what a result I will get on my computer .. recommend you check it out as well

Hope I was able to help
At least from the hardware point of view

Believes @kgp can help more with the operating system point of view

@kgp
@ICEVISION

If I run benchmark system panic
Any idea?

Hi my friend,

You are on X299 now, too? :thumbup::wave:

1.) please add Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) system specs to either profile or signature. Without knowing these details I can't help.
2.) please upload all information requested at beginning of Section C.).. Without having this information available I can't help.

First comments to your config.plist:

There are severe deviations from my guidelines in your config.plist! Please try to use config.plist of original EFI-Folder distribution and also please use original EFI-Folder distribution! Most of your modifications are not necessary!

a.) No idea why you removed all implemented ACPI replacements from config.plist. Enable all ACPI replacements implemented in the EFI-Folder distribution apart from the CPxx -> PRxx replacements wich are for the i9-7980XE.

b.) Under ACPI only check PluginType

c.) what is the meaning of boot flag -no_compat_check? If you are on a ASUS motherboard you might not need npci=0x2000.

e.) uncheck everything under USB in section Devices of Clover Configurator

f.) uncheck everything but use Audio ID 7 under Audio in section Devices of Clover Configurator

g.) Remove all Kext Patches form config.plist, and use those originally implemented in my actual EFI -Folder distribution. For audio, use AppleALC approach.

h.) Enable xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha only if MSR is locked. On ASUS X299 boards you can disable the MSR lock in BIOS settings, the MSR of GA motherboards is anyway unlocked!

For anything else I need to see your EFI-Folder and BIOS settings and especially I need to know hardware details to your X299 build!

Cheers,

KGP

Hi my friend,

You are on X299 now, too? :thumbup::wave:

1.) please add Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) system specs to either profile or signature. Without knowing these details I can't help.
2.) please upload all information requested at beginning of Section C.).. Without having this information available I can't help.

First comments to your config.plist:

There are severe deviations from my guidelines in your config.plist! Please try to use config.plist of original EFI-Folder distribution and also please use original EFI-Folder distribution! Most of your modifications are not necessary!

a.) No idea why you removed all implemented ACPI replacements from config.plist. Enable all ACPI replacements implemented in the EFI-Folder distribution apart from the CPxx -> PRxx replacements wich are for the i9-7980XE.

b.) Under ACPI only check PluginType

c.) what is the meaning of boot flag -no_compat_check? If you are on a ASUS motherboard you might not need npci=0x2000.

e.) uncheck everything under USB in section Devices of Clover Configurator

f.) uncheck everything but use Audio ID 7 under Audio in section Devices of Clover Configurator

g.) Remove all Kext Patches form config.plist, and use those originally implemented in my actual EFI -Folder distribution. For audio, use AppleALC approach.

h.) Enable xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha only if MSR is locked. On ASUS X299 boards you can disable the MSR lock in BIOS settings, the MSR of GA motherboards is anyway unlocked!

For anything else I need to see your EFI-Folder and BIOS settings and especially I need to know hardware details to your X299 build!

Cheers,

KGP
Yes I have Gigabyte X299-WU8
I update later my EFI
I am working now.
I will check again bios setting
Thank you.

First of all I noticed the Boot category
You got a bit of a mess there
Why not leave as a guide of ֲ@kgp?

As soon as I built the system, I tried to overklock without knowing the X299 ... I did Overclock on both the X99 and the Z370

But in the X299 without knowledge both in Windows and Mac the computer would fall during the test

After looking for some information on-line and I also did the tests according to my way of working.

I installed 4 fans on the NZKT KRAKAN 62 instead of the 2 that comes from OBB
2 push
2 pul

And most importantly .. the best result I really achieved after a week
Every day I work on the computer for example at 4.2GHz see how it behaves
Day to shift increases to 4.3GHZ etc. etc.

I have already shared sources that I have followed
I'll share again

This is a guide I want to check on the weekend, see what a result I will get on my computer .. recommend you check it out as well

Hope I was able to help
At least from the hardware point of view

Believes @kgp can help more with the operating system point of view
I just build now.
I overclock 4.2 just change 30 to 42 may be need other settings
I will try and make a small guide later.
Thank you.

I just build now.
I overclock 4.2 just change 30 to 42 may be need other settings
I will try and make a small guide later.
Thank you.

You should not make a guide but rather follow the existing guide.. and everything will work as expected ;)

Last edited:
You should not make a guide but rather follow the existing guide.. and everything will work as expected ;)

I think @nmano just wants to share this experience with its new X299-WU8 PRO build, and that should be interresting ;)

I think @nmano just wants to share this experience with its new X299-WU8 PRO build, and that should be interresting ;)

Sure my comment was also meant in a funny way.. ;) although.. the friendly reminder to follow my guide and stay with the default EFI-Folder distribution was not without reason. Did you check his config.plist? ;) and I am stilling waiting for his entire EFI-Folder... :rolleyes:

I would love that he shares his experience with the X299-WU8 PRO build, but only as long he also does what he is supposed to do... :thumbup:

For sure he knows and understands to what I am referring here at this place.. :p

Anyway, I am very happy that finally he also decided to go with Skylake-X/X299 :headbang: He contributed really a lot to X99 over the years :thumbup:

Hi there kgp and thank you for this magnificent thread!

Now, I have tested Mojave installation with some and enough of your instructions using iMacPro1,1 and iMac18,3 SMBIOS. Changed drivers a few times and even used your config.plist for this.

The problem I'm facing relates to slow acceleration (refresh rate hanging) during the installation process.
The screen hangs a few times randomly and IF I get to the desktop, on the next boot, the OS hangs at the login screen with the Apple logo...
Have you faced any of this at your earlier installation stages?!
Thanks in advance for your understanding.

PS: I'm writing this on Windows and I can provide the latest EFI folder I'm using if you need.

@kgp

I need some advice :

I 'm about to upgrade my Prime x299 Deluxe build with two 970 EVO NVMe M.2 :

In which M.2 Socket do you recommend installing MacOs in M.2_1 and Windows in M.2_2 installation ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back