Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a TSCAdjust, I edited the info.plist to set 31 in it,as the 7960X have 32 threads.

Is this kext not used to sync all cores ? ...

I Will try to screenshot the Bios for you, thanks in advance for your help :)

SYNC ALL CORES is an ASUS only BIOS feature and respective BIOS microcode implementation. It has nothing to do with TSCAdjustReset.kext, which basically resets the TSCs of your CPU during boot and wake from sleep.

SYNC ALL CORES is an ASUS only BIOS feature and respective BIOS microcode implementation. It has nothing to do with TSCAdjustReset.kext, which basically resets the TSCs of your CPU during boot and wake from sleep.

Ah OK thanks, so I understand why sometimes the machine refuse to boot : It's about a TSCAdjust issue, well, OK...

Regarding the Sync all cores feature, don't know what to do with my Gigabyte mobo ?

Ah OK thanks, so I understand why sometimes the machine refuse to boot : It's about a TSCAdjust issue, well, OK...

Regarding the Sync all cores feature, don't know what to do with my Gigabyte mobo ?

Neither do I, previously some users claimed to have reproduced syn all cores on GA mainboards by some manual BIOS settings. I highly doubt that the latter was really the case.

This was mentioned because of your Geekbench scores which you said were too low.
The "Sync all cores" (as on ASUS boards) would let all your cores turbo to their max frequency.
This is basically an overclock and would gain higher scores and will also generate higher load and temps.

One should always question, wether specific scores in a benchmark were achieved with true stock configuration or with an overclock of any kind. And i rate "sync all cores" (or similar) BIOS setting as overclock, as the CPU runs at (way) higher TDP than specified by the manufacturer.

If the cooling solution is not up the task or one is not knowledgeable enough about this, one should stay away from this setting. If cooling is sufficient this setting results in higher performance.

BTW: on ASRock boards the feature is called "MultiCore enhancement"

This was mentioned because of your Geekbench scores which you said were too low.
The "Sync all cores" (as on ASUS boards) would let all your cores turbo to their max frequency.
This is basically an overclock and would gain higher scores and will also generate higher load and temps.

One should always question, wether specific scores in a benchmark were achieved with true stock configuration or with an overclock of any kind. And i rate "sync all cores" (or similar) BIOS setting as overclock, as the CPU runs at (way) higher TDP than specified by the manufacturer.

If the cooling solution is not up the task or one is not knowledgeable enough about this, one should stay away from this setting. If cooling is sufficient this setting results in higher performance.

BTW: on ASRock boards the feature is called "MultiCore enhancement"

Please do not confuse "MultiCore enhancement" with "Core Ratio = Sync All Cores". Asus motherboards have both features implemented and "Sync All Cores" is just one option of "Core Ratio". With MCE set to "Auto", you can maximise the overclocking performance optimised by the ASUS "Core Ratio" settings. When disabled, MCE only allows to set to default "Core Ratio" settings.

@kgp, @izo1, @jsl2000, @appleosxGOD:

here my setup with the early boot KP:

ASUS X299 Deluxe II Bios 0404
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64
1 x 16 GB Corsair Platinum 3200
EVO 970 1TB M2 in the M2_1 Slot
Power Supply: AX1200i

Your EFI with own SN and SmUUID. Own TSCAdjustReset. Mojave 10.14.2

What is wrong on my Board or Setup ?

Thank you so much for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.jpg
    IMG_0083.jpg
    572.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0084.jpg
    IMG_0084.jpg
    694 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0085.jpg
    IMG_0085.jpg
    616.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0086.jpg
    IMG_0086.jpg
    565.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    683.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    630 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0089.jpg
    IMG_0089.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    588.4 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    571 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    613.4 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_0093.jpg
    IMG_0093.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    588.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    532.5 KB · Views: 44
  • KP.jpg
    KP.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 47
  • efi_maywitt.zip
    19.6 MB · Views: 51
@kgp, @izo1, @jsl2000, @appleosxGOD:

here my setup with the early boot KP:

ASUS X299 Deluxe II Bios 0404
Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64
1 x 16 GB Corsair Platinum 3200
EVO 970 1TB M2 in the M2_1 Slot
Power Supply: AX1200i

Your EFI with own SN and SmUUID. Own TSCAdjustReset. Mojave 10.14.2

What is wrong on my Board or Setup ?

Thank you so much for your help.

I don't understand how 1 x 16 GB Corsair Platinum 3200 would work on a motherboard with Quad channel ram. Your BIOS settings seems fine apart from EIST, which should be enabled.

I have 4 x 16GB - same error. In the A1 ... D1 Slot. The 1 x 16 GB was my last try.

I have 4 x 16GB - same error. In the A1 ... D1 Slot. The 1 x 16 GB was my last try.

Did you try to boot your system without the sensor kexts but FakeSMC.kext in your EFI-Folder?

Thanks, I test this in one hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back