Contribute
Register

iMac Pro X299 - Live the Future now with macOS 10.14 Mojave [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved to the Evolv X (really well thought out and beautiful case with good airflow) from Meshify C (too small for big rads).

Really loving it so far. Didn't have to get a full open loop setup.

Will post CPU/GPU temp results soon. From initial impressions, temps are running amazingly cool.

1x360mm EKWB-MLC Phoenix for CPU (Intel Waterblock)
1x280mm EKWB-MLC Phoenix for GPU (Vega waterblock) (I also have a 2nd one to add to the loop in case I want to put second Vega FE. I would prefer a single Radeon VII if it's ever supported in macOS)

50592349_2231251950448599_1178666788414554112_n.jpg

Last edited:
Moved to the Evolv X (really well thought out and beautiful case with good airflow) from Meshify C (too small for big rads).

Really loving it so far. Didn't have to get a full open loop setup.

Will post CPU/GPU temp results soon. From initial impressions, temps are running amazingly cool.

1x360mm EKWB-MLC Phoenix for CPU (Intel Waterblock)
1x280mm EKWB-MLC Phoenix for GPU (Vega waterblock) (I also have a 2nd one to add to the loop in case I want to put second Vega FE. I would prefer a single Radeon VII if it's ever supported in macOS)

View attachment 381119
Do you have the top rad as push or pull? I had to go pull on top cause the VRMs were overheating...

Do you have the top rad as push or pull? I had to go pull on top cause the VRMs were overheating...

Both are intake for now, I will switch to exhaust (and the rear fan will be switched to a Noctua 140mm as INTAKE) EKWB made it difficult to flip the fans on these.

I ran a burn test both on the GPU and CPU at the same time for over an hour with zero issues so far. But definitely will see an improvement once I flip the fans.

Both are intake for now, I will switch to exhaust (and the rear fan will be switched to a Noctua 140mm as INTAKE) EKWB made it difficult to flip the fans on these.

I ran a burn test both on the GPU and CPU at the same time for over an hour with zero issues so far. But definitely will see an improvement once I flip the fans.
Haha didn’t think of that, good idea actually, will try it

Hi all,
The lower variants i9 79xx are on sale @ newegg. 7920x is cheaper than 7900x.
Mcity

SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml adopted for its use with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II

Note that you need to use SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml in line with SSDT-DTGP.aml!

Users with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, please try to use the modified SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml and report back with a "PCI snapshot" and IOREG.save fo your system. Also provide information about TB and USB-C HotPlug and sleep/wake performance, always supposed that SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml attached below properly implements the onboard TTR controller of the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II.

Good luck and thanks in advance,

kgp.png

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 62
Hello @kgp !!! Can you please give me advice how i can enable thunderbolt hot swap on this board GA-Z87X-UD7-TH ?

Gigabyte board certified with "Falcon Ridge" Thunderbolt 2.0

You can try to properly adapt ACPI path and ACPI replacements in SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml for your motherboard.No idea if the SSDT would also work with a "Falcon Ridge" Thunderbolt 2.0 controller. Worth to try anyway.

If you think that your properly adapted SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml for your motherboard, upload a "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report and an IOREg.save of your system's ACPI table, thus I can also verify that the SSDT is really properly implemented.

Good luck,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back