Contribute
Register

IDT Audio project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
any solution for IDT 92HD202 codec?
codec: Sigmatel Stac 9221_A2
Vendor ID:0x83847682
I can see internal speakers (embedded) in system preferences but I have no sound .. I can see also external microphone output ... can anyone help me?

mirone said:
start with linux codec dump to get exact vendor/codec ID and use that to search for working kexts.

BigDonkey said:
mirone said:
start with linux codec dump to get exact vendor/codec ID and use that to search for working kexts.

ny solution for IDT 92HD202 codec?
codec: Sigmatel Stac 9221_A2
Vendor ID:0x83847682
I can see internal speakers (embedded) in system preferences but I have no sound .. I can see also external microphone output ... can anyone help me?

BigDonkey said:
Can someone please test this AppleHDA. It's for 10.7.2 and brings HDMI audio.
Only minimal editing was done. AppleHDA was binary patched plus layout12.xml and Platforms.xml edited. External microphone on to do list.

DSDT needs edits under IGPU and HDEF
Code:
                   "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-1"
                            },

HDMI.png

I use ur Kext, the sound work great but the volume icon bar is not synchronize with the Fn button of increase/decrease volume

sorry my english suckes

Using the BigDonkey AppleHDA kext (already Patched for IDT 92HD87B1/3), i get some messages in log :

Code:
Sound assertion "0 == fPathControls" failed in AppleHDAPath at line 1403 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDAPath at line 1281 goto Exit

Sound assertion "0 != pathSet->getWidgetAmplifierGainRange ( &zeroValue, &minValue, &maxValue, &minDB, &maxDB,
kPATH_CONTROL_SPATIAL_CHANNELID_Master )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 438 goto handler

Sound assertion "0 == selectionString" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 16328 goto Exit

How to fix it ??
someone can help me :crazy:

onakaa said:
How to fix it ??
someone can help me :crazy:
Dell might be using the same audio chip 92HD87B1/3 as we do but it's up to them which pins they use and which disable. Start by making linux dump, comparing to our dump (it's somewhere in this topic), make changes to kext and restart your system.
It can be pretty time consuming.

i have the dumps and all information about it, the thing is i can't master exactly what can do i in appleHDA Kext, i have reading all tutorial but appleHDA used are different from 10.7.2 version. i don't understand it :(

@onakaa
If you have the same codec, take our AppleHDA.kext (any 10.7 version is fine) compare your Linux NodeID's to ours and make changes.
Here's our Platform.xml for your reference:

===============================
Path 0

NodeID-21 (0x15) Audio Input
^
|
NodeID-23 (0x17) Audio Selector
^
|
NodeID-17 (0x11) Internal Microphone

------------------------------------------------
Path 1

NodeID-22 (0x16) Audio Input
^
|
NodeID-24 (0x18) Audio Selector
^
|
NodeID-12 (0x0C) External Microphone

------------------------------------------------
Path 2

NodeID-13 (0x0D) Internal Speaker
^
|
NodeID-19 (0x13) Audio Output

---------

NodeID-11 (0x0B) Headphones
^
|
NodeID-20 (0x14) Audio Output
================================

Well, the steps for patching AppleHDA for the IDT 92HD87B1/3 are :
- patching AppleHDA,
- setting the CodecID & ConfigID in Plist (AppleHDAHardwareConfigDrivers) exactly in the section with LayoutID =12,
- in Layout12.xml, Set just the codecID

but in platform.xml, where i put the nodeID ? i'm confused :oops:

thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back