Contribute
Register

IDT Audio project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
onakaa said:
Well, the steps for patching AppleHDA for the IDT 92HD87B1/3 are :
- patching AppleHDA,
- setting the CodecID & ConfigID in Plist (AppleHDAHardwareConfigDrivers) exactly in the section with LayoutID =12,
- in Layout12.xml, Set just the codecID

but in platform.xml, where i put the nodeID ? i'm confused :oops:

thank you for the help.
Take our patched 10.7.3 kext for example and open Platforms.xml with Plist Editor Pro
http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/plisteditpro/

It has only one entry for PathMaps. When expanded, it reveals all nodes.
platform.png

Attachments

• platform.png
    platform.png
    99.4 KB · Views: 437
  • AppleHDA_IDT_10.7.3.kext.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 228
Thank you so much i set my node ID and it work well :headbang: :headbang:

Just a remark, when i use the external speaker, the volume icon bar is not synchronous with decrease / increase volume, in headphone yes it work great.

Any idea ? something wrong or it's normal ?

Thank you :clap:

Fantastic :clap:

onakaa said:
Just a remark, when i use the external speaker, the volume icon bar is not synchronous with decrease / increase volume, in headphone yes it work great.
If you mean the icon at the top, I'm afraid we are having the same problem. No solution yet.

Well it's work when i put the headphone.

but doesn't matter

:thumbup:

it this version of AppleHDA (10.7.3) works with the 10.7.4 ?

onakaa said:
it this version of AppleHDA (10.7.3) works with the 10.7.4 ?
It should. I will patch later 10.7.4 for our laptop.

Good News :headbang:
?????

By coincidence, I forgot my headphones plugged into mac, when I rebooted, I had no sound. In console, i had the following messages :

Code:
Sound assertion "0 == commonDSPEntry" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 6091 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != configureDSPForAppleHDAPathSet ( pathSet, false )" failed in AppleHDAEngine at line 703 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != result" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 2134 goto Exit
Sound assertion "0 != createAudioEngines ( fPathMap_aDriverInstance )" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 207 goto Exit
Sound assertion "false == me->completeStart ()" failed in AppleHDADriver at line 996 goto Exit

Something wrong in my nodesID ?

Well when i boot without HP plugged, the sound works well without "Sound assertion error" :D

Hey all,

Please can you tell me what shows in System Preferences -> Sound -> Output and also Input?
On my slightly different codec, I can only see Internal Speakers & Internal Microphone. Would HeadPhones and External Mic show always in this list, or only when plugged in?

I'm a little stuck on the Platforms.xml. If I try to adjust your Platforms.xml to my Nodes then it does not work at all. I had to use a different Platforms.xml and then adjust it to my Nodes to get anything.

Something I noticed in file layout12.xml, key "Outputs" there is 3 items :-
1. IntSpeaker
2. Headphone
3. LineOut

But it appears that LineOut is not specified in Platforms.xml?

Also, any idea on best method for surpressing the Sound Assertion errors?

Thanks for any info, no matter how small. It seems information on Platforms.xml is some kind of closely guarded secret :?

For i have just 2 : internal speaker, this changes to HP when i plug them in mac; for the out i have just line in ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back