Contribute
Register

Idling for 10 minutes causes Sierra to lag/freeze for a couple of minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is, thanks.

Recommend using OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2. You have neglected HFSPlus. Remove VBoxHfs. You also have a lot of garbage in your Drivers64UEFI folder. Config is not correct. Remove Change GFX0 to IGPU it is not needed. You have not patched AppleLPC as SSDT-LPC is missing from patched folder. Only need change _OSI to XOSI if you have SSDT-HACK present change Method(XWAK,0,S) to ZWAK is only needed when SSDT-XWAK is present. You have a messy setup. Recommend putting the following in patched folder. SSDT-HACK, SSDT-LPC, SSDT-MCHC, SSDT-SATA, SSDT-SMBUS, SSDT-XHC, SSDT-XWAK.

Recommend using OsxAptioFixDrv instead of OsxAptioFixDrv2. You have neglected HFSPlus. Remove VBoxHfs. You also have a lot of garbage in your Drivers64UEFI folder. Config is not correct. Remove Change GFX0 to IGPU it is not needed. You have not patched AppleLPC as SSDT-LPC is missing from patched folder. Only need change _OSI to XOSI if you have SSDT-HACK present change Method(XWAK,0,S) to ZWAK is only needed when SSDT-XWAK is present. You have a messy setup. Recommend putting the following in patched folder. SSDT-HACK, SSDT-LPC, SSDT-MCHC, SSDT-SATA, SSDT-SMBUS, SSDT-XHC, SSDT-XWAK.

Thanks again, I am changing things as I go along. I have removed OsxAptioFixDrv2 and installed OsxAptioFixDrv. Also removed VBoxHfs. I can't find HFSPlus in clover? I removed the GFX0 to IGPU entry from the config and I have placed all of the listed files you recommended at the end in my ACPI patched folder. Do I need to do anything to those files? I have all the other patches in the config plist already as you can see.
Oh man, this is turning into a nightmare for you. Sorry about taking your time. Thank you

Thanks again, I am changing things as I go along. I have removed OsxAptioFixDrv2 and installed OsxAptioFixDrv. Also removed VBoxHfs. I can't find HFSPlus in clover? I removed the GFX0 to IGPU entry from the config and I have placed all of the listed files you recommended at the end in my ACPI patched folder. Do I need to do anything to those files? I have all the other patches in the config plist already as you can see.
Oh man, this is turning into a nightmare for you. Sorry about taking your time. Thank you

Only need the SSDTs I recommended. HFSPlus can be downloaded from my GitHub. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches

Only need the SSDTs I recommended. HFSPlus can be downloaded from my GitHub. https://github.com/VoiletDragon/Z-H97N-WIFI-Patches
I think I got it all. The first thing I noticed is that my fans are a lot louder. The GPU fan changed places in HWMonitor and IntelPowerGadget crashes on launch.
I have attached the config and IOReg. I might have done something wrong

I just placed HFSPlus in. Gonna reboot

UPDATE: Fans are back to normal but seem much louder and the temps are the same. Maybe my GPU is running bait hotter. Intel Power Gadget is still crashing. Very odd

Attachments

• Carlos’s iMac.zip
    760.1 KB · Views: 99
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 97
I think I got it all. The first thing I noticed is that my fans are a lot louder. The GPU fan changed places in HWMonitor and IntelPowerGadget crashes on launch.
I have attached the config and IOReg. I might have done something wrong

I just placed HFSPlus in. Gonna reboot

Ioreg looks fine. Everything is loaded aspected. Although you can clear up Drivers64UEFI. AppleImageCodec-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi, AppleUITheme-64.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi can be removed. You haven't deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi. IntelPowerGadget i don't use it so i wouldn't know. Fans not sure as to why they would be affected. Try removing FakeSMC Plugins and see if that helps but ioreg looks fine to me.

Ioreg looks fine. Everything is loaded aspected. Although you can clear up Drivers64UEFI. AppleImageCodec-64.efi, AppleKeyAggregator-64.efi, AppleUITheme-64.efi, FirmwareVolume-64.efi, SMCHelper-64.efi can be removed. You haven't deleted VBoxHfs-64.efi. IntelPowerGadget i don't use it so i wouldn't know. Fans not sure as to why they would be affected. Try removing FakeSMC Plugins and see if that helps but ioreg looks fine to me.
Thats it. All removed I rebooted and it's all back to normal. The only thing that I immediately find not working is that app.

Thank you so much for giving me some of your time.

Hi I just launched DCPIManager and on the PCI List tab my chipset comes up as HM87. Shouldn't it be Z97?

Hi I just launched DCPIManager and on the PCI List tab my chipset comes up as HM87. Shouldn't it be Z97?

That is normal. Remember no Mac has ever had Series 9 Chipset.

That is normal. Remember no Mac has ever had Series 9 Chipset.
Of course. I see now. Well, bad news for me, it happened again. It looks like it's not fixed. Very weird this is happening and I would really like to know why.
I uninstalled flash on my hack to eliminate that as well. On my MacBook Pro it never happens, so it can't be something that happens on real macs as well.
If I leave it alone for 10 mins or so it sort of freezes but without completely crashing. After a few seconds it starts to regain it's composure despite being a bit laggy with laggy animations and then like it came it goes again and everything is back to normal. The whole process takes a maximum of 10 seconds. This is the only reason why I have been able to live with it sort of thing.
It looks like it goes into a really low power state and it takes a bit of time to wake up.
I'm thinking that it might be something to do with the C6/C7 states of my Haswell 4770K and the power supply. I upgraded to this i7 recently from my core i5 Ivy Bridge and the power supply hasn't been replaced in a while.
I don't know if this power supply supports the lower power states or if there are any conflicts.
Maybe I should disable the option in the bios?

Well, on a positive note you have helped me restore the power management on my rig so I can at least eliminate that. Thanks you very much

Of course. I see now. Well, bad news for me, it happened again. It looks like it's not fixed. Very weird this is happening and I would really like to know why.
I uninstalled flash on my hack to eliminate that as well. On my MacBook Pro it never happens, so it can't be something that happens on real macs as well.
If I leave it alone for 10 mins or so it sort of freezes but without completely crashing. After a few seconds it starts to regain it's composure despite being a bit laggy with laggy animations and then like it came it goes again and everything is back to normal. The whole process takes a maximum of 10 seconds. This is the only reason why I have been able to live with it sort of thing.
It looks like it goes into a really low power state and it takes a bit of time to wake up.
I'm thinking that it might be something to do with the C6/C7 states of my Haswell 4770K and the power supply. I upgraded to this i7 recently from my core i5 Ivy Bridge and the power supply hasn't been replaced in a while.
I don't know if this power supply supports the lower power states or if there are any conflicts.
Maybe I should disable the option in the bios?

Well, on a positive note you have helped me restore the power management on my rig so I can at least eliminate that. Thanks you very much

I suspect that it could be a hardware issue. What Power Supply are you using? What RAM? Did you run memtest86 for 24 hours when you first built the machine? I always recommend running Memtest86 on new builds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back