Graphics
Sapphire AMD Radeon 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Other
When I put iBoot in my drive and it tries to start up. It says disk boot failure insert system disk. Is it iBoot or my drive?? Please help

When I put iBoot in my drive and it tries to start up. It says disk boot failure insert system disk. Is it iBoot or my drive?? Please help

Hard to say. Is your DVD drive a SATA drive? Did you set your SATA configuration in bios to AHCI? If you didn't, then you should. If it's an IDE DVD drive, then you're outta gas.

It is a SATA drive and set to AHCI. I am probably going to go windows now

It is a SATA drive and set to AHCI. I am probably going to go windows now

gman45

Is your system Hard drive and the DVD rom the only hardware that is connected
If you plan to use two drives on for W7 and the other for MAC then remove the W7 drive for now
And you have all of the infor set in BIOS as per the TonyMacx86 instructions listed in this site.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2010/04/iboot-multibeast-install-mac-os-x-on.html
The Boot sequence in the BIOS is correct .... then .....
Do you still get the error ...

Yes the bios are all set correctly and it still says that message

Yes the bios are all set correctly and it still says that message

gman45

when you turn on the pc and get the POST information on the screen do you see a Function Key that says Boot ie F12 Boot
This screen w the Various options will not appear long and you need to look for it !
Note that not all BIOS uses the standard F12 Key for Boot - but its the most widley used by Clone motherboards.

If so press this key and a sceen will appear that will allow you to select the phycisal device to boot from - if you have the iBoot CD installed
then you should boot from the line that states CD or DVD -
You should also see the other devices that you can select to boot from

See if this works.

What SATA should I plug the optical drive into

What SATA should I plug the optical drive into

gman

I would suggest a lower number order slot - like 4 or 3 - if you are using slots 1 & 2 for HD - one being the HAC drive two for W7 ( again only the drive we need plugged into the motherboard plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back