Contribute
Register

i9 9820X kernel panic on install

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean, that the problem could be resolved by Clover? (or OpenCore)
By the way, it doesn´t matter if Asrock, Asus or Gigabyte... this happens with all of them (I have not tested MSI yet).
It does not matter which company is the motherboard. The point is that as CPU 0 is inactive, macOS will not work.

Yes, that´s right, I understand this. But would it be technically possible, that Clover injects the right order so that "Core 0" must ALWAYS be "ID 0", or ist this simply impossible? I´m not a coder, maybe Florin9doi can help, or Rehabman, or Slice?

Can you say it more clearly?
Is it about mbast=1 and -no_compat_check flag

In Clover, press the F4 key.
Find APIC.aml in the CLOVER/ACPI/origin directory.
Change to aml on dsl and edit according to Florin9doi instructions.
Finally, compile to aml and upload to CLOVER/ACPI/patched

Hi
In Clover, press the F4 key.
Find APIC.aml in the CLOVER/ACPI/origin directory.
Change to aml on dsl and edit according to Florin9doi instructions.
Finally, compile to aml and upload to CLOVER/ACPI/patched
Thank you so much, ori69! But I can´t get it to work... always the same error, with or without APIC.aml (also tried to rename to SSDT.aml). Can you please have a look into this? This is the original generated APIC.aml from Clover/F4...

Attachments

• APIC_origin.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 135
You need to drop the original table and insert yours

Yeahh!!!! Now it´s working! One million thanks to you, Florin9doi and ori69 too!
Hi, So it looks like that u have solved the problem. Can u update the solution of this issue in 1st floor. Because many other guys(me) meet with the same problem.

Hi, So it looks like that u have solved the problem. Can u update the solution of this issue in 1st floor. Because many other guys(me) meet with the same problem.
Not finished yet... macOS is booting, and it seems okay, but quite slow. With Geekbench the multicore is nearly identical with singlecore, so it seems only one CPU is working...hm. I have tried a few things, but with my small knowhow with CPU Powermanagement etc. I couldn´t improve it. Maybe I have overlooked something?
@ori69: have you your 9820X working? With good or normal GB results?

Not finished yet... macOS is booting, and it seems okay, but quite slow. With Geekbench the multicore is nearly identical with singlecore, so it seems only one CPU is working...hm. I have tried a few things, but with my small knowhow with CPU Powermanagement etc. I couldn´t improve it. Maybe I have overlooked something?
@ori69: have you your 9820X working? With good or normal GB results?
I had an i9 9900X, but I did not know how to solve it and exchanged with a friend on i9 7900X. I am a bit afraid of buying a new processor now. 7900X works great.
But I am glad that we have managed to take a step forward with this problem. Maybe it would be better to write patches for ACPI in CLOVER. But I do not have such knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back