1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
  3. Windows Phone
  4. Other
-I've followed the guide at https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/319386-guide-hp-z800-hackintosh-macos-sierra-10121

-MacOS in being installed on a separate drive from my windows installation

-I am trying to install Sierra and not High Sierra as the guide is for Sierra and i don't want the hassle of APFS

-I've set all of my BIOS settings to what has been specified (except for disabling the SAS controller as then neither clover nor the macOS sierra installer can see my internal drive.

-Clover never sees my internal drives, however, the macOS can see them

-Ive tried installing clover using the method in the guide, but the computer sticks at "attempting to boot from USB device"

-Im not sure whether the BIOS on the machine is UEFI or EFI

-The computer works in EFI mode for Unibeast.

-When I try to start the installer with Unibeast, I get a "forbidden symbol"

-I have 2 USB's. I plug them both in before booting. One with clover installed with the guide, and the other, with Unibeast for Sierra installed in Legacy boot mode. I can't start up the computer with the one from the guide, but when I choose to start up from the Unibeast drive, it goes to the clover drive from the guide, where I can go through the setup process for macOS. However, neither clover from the Unibeast drive, nor the vanilla clover drive can detect the internal drive where I installed macOS.

-Also, clover and macOS cannot see my rear USB ports

-Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back