Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nguyenmac,
PBI 6.4.0.1 - now with Clover installation option none of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 nor OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is installed. So I had to add first one manually.

Wake up - still problem with backlight.

Do you see any chance for HDMI audio with AMD only?

With PBI CE 6.4.0.1:

- Install kexts for 8x70 AMD will install OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and remove OsxAptioFixDrv-64 in Clover folder.
- Install Clover UEFI: If OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 exists in Clover folder, OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 will be installed instead of OsxAptioFixDrv-64, and vice versa.

For HDMI Audio, you may check guides for AMD on internet. I think you need a HDAU device and link hda-gfx with GFX0 AMD.

I have tried each possible way to get my El Capitan installer to boot. I am getting stuck on the "Missing Bluetooth Transport!" error. It'll hang there and then give the Can't boot logo. I've tried from the basic upgrade options to upgrade to the Public Beta of El Capitan as well as the USB installer I have built. I've removed the kext that has been instructed to remove and I am still getting this message. Any reason for this?

I have tried with -x hoping it would give a safe boot and it does not work either. Same results as described above. I have been able to get the installer to boot on other Hackintoshes and do a full install.

Any help would be appreciated
Thank you.

I have a second 4540s, i5, 8 gb ram, and I've installed El Capitan beta 5 two ways using [Guide] Install 10.11 beta on HP EliteBook/ProBook/others with Clover UEFI

I've upgraded from Yosemite once and then I erased that partition and did a clean install to that partition. There is a clone yosemite backup partition on the drive I was hoping to save. Both installs were successful but I get the same installation failed error when I use the Prebook Installer 6.4.0.1. with the following popup message:

"The system extension "DirectHW.kext" is not compatible with this version of OS X and can't be used"

Is this me doing something stupid? I searched for "DirectHW.kext" in this thread without finding a reference. I'm about to just repartition the drive and start over but wanted to ask first if I'm missing something obvious.

For some reason it won't let me upload the troubleshooting files.

Thanks.

"The system extension "DirectHW.kext" is not compatible with this version of OS X and can't be used"

The ProBook guide does not install this kext.

Ok, any thoughts as to what's going on here? I run the PBI and it fails and that error message pops up at the same time?

Ok, any thoughts as to what's going on here? I run the PBI and it fails and that error message pops up at the same time?

You should remove that kext you added. It is not provided by PBI-CE and it is not provided by the 10.11 installer. It is something you added.

Are you sure nothing on PBI installs that kext? Not even the extras like camera control, clover configurator, and kext wizard?

This was a 2 partition SSD with Yosemite installed with the Probook clover guide and PBI. Booting with PBI installer, I installed Carbon Copy Cloner and cloned the fresh install over to partition 2. Then I ran PBI on the 1st Yosemite partition with NO errors.

It was working fine except for the facetime camera issue i.e. black screen. I installed nothing else into Yosemite beyond what is available on PBI in the extra tools (camera control, clover configurator, kext wizard).

I then downloaded El Capitan beta 5 upgrade and followed the instructions for the upgrade and when I ran PBI on the El Capitan upgrade at the very end I got that directhw.kext error. So CCC was already on there with camera control, clover configurator, and kext wizard. I reinstalled the camera control, clover configurator, kext wizard options as part of my PBI install.

The second time I got that exact error was a completely clean install beyond what PBI installs. I created an El Capitan USB installer from the same guide, I erased partition one, and installed El Capitan on an empty partition. This time no CCC, nothing nada, and I got that same error when I ran PBI for the first time again choosing the same extra options.

The only thing involved the 2nd time was the USB installer using the guide here and PBI with the options mentioned plus the PBI extras (clover configurator. camera control, kext wizard, logos, color profiles).

Are you sure nothing on PBI installs that kext? Not even the extras like camera control, clover configurator, and kext wizard?

This was a 2 partition SSD with Yosemite installed with the Probook clover guide and PBI. Booting with PBI installer, I installed Carbon Copy Cloner and cloned the fresh install over to partition 2. Then I ran PBI on the 1st Yosemite partition with NO errors.

It was working fine except for the facetime camera issue i.e. black screen. I installed nothing else into Yosemite beyond what is available on PBI in the extra tools (camera control, clover configurator, kext wizard).

I then downloaded El Capitan beta 5 upgrade and followed the instructions for the upgrade and when I ran PBI on the El Capitan upgrade at the very end I got that directhw.kext error. So CCC was already on there with camera control, clover configurator, and kext wizard. I reinstalled the camera control, clover configurator, kext wizard options as part of my PBI install.

The second time I got that exact error was a completely clean install beyond what PBI installs. I created an El Capitan USB installer from the same guide, I erased partition one, and installed El Capitan on an empty partition. This time no CCC, nothing nada, and I got that same error when I ran PBI for the first time again choosing the same extra options.

The only thing involved the 2nd time was the USB installer using the guide here and PBI with the options mentioned plus the PBI extras (clover configurator. camera control, kext wizard, logos, color profiles).

You should check it yourself. The source for PBI-CE is available.

I think you had it already on your EFI partition at EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11. Part of PBI-CE copies all kexts from this directory to /S/L/E. If you had the kext there prior to running PBI-CE, it will be copied by PBI-CE.

Ok, I just did a clean install of El Capitan after repartitioning the drive. I checked and directhw.kext is not in s/l/e.

After I installed the PBI basics with no errors, I installed the other options one at a time.

The error occurs when you install troubleshooting.

You asked that people report errors and that's what I did. Use it or ignore it.

Ok, I just did a clean install of El Capitan after repartitioning the drive. I checked and directhw.kext is not in s/l/e.

After I installed the PBI basics with no errors, I installed the other options one at a time.

The error occurs when you install troubleshooting.

You asked that people report errors and that's what I did. Use it or ignore it.

Check your Efi partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back