Contribute
Register
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I didn't. I thought Probook Installer creats a pached on the fly (the reason why it is estimated to press F4 in Clover before reinstlling PB Installer.

My technique is a bit different than PBI. The PBI was never updated to not drop OEM SSDTs.

There is also a completely new hotpatch technique that works but is not documented yet (when I have time).

Did you modify the config.plist per my guide?

Ah, yes, shure. That has been changed :) I disabled VGA Patch and enabled HDMI Audio. Does not help.

I am assuming that I have a HW problem. I will sent the Laptop back and search a 6X70b

Yours Simon

Ah, yes, shure. That has been changed :) I disabled VGA Patch and enabled HDMI Audio. Does not help.

I am assuming that I have a HW problem. I will sent the Laptop back and search a 6X70b

Yours Simon

Let's see...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting).

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Just a short success story:

HP ProBook 6550b. Replaced Intel WIFI with Broadcom BCM943224HMS, worked out of the box after switching to MacBookAir5,2 SMBIOS. 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 SoDIMM RAM.

Everything including Bluetooth appears to be working, except Sleep/Wake. DSDT + Patch required to get working battery status.

Not Tested: HDMI out/Audio out/SDCardReader.

Note that ExpressCard USB3.0 will not work without power adjustment patch. There are cheap FL1100 based USB3.0 cards on eBay, but without voltage adjustment, they simply do not work. DSDT will need serious patching, and as default DSDT does NOT contain XHCI, you will have a very difficult time.

Apart from those niggles, a very capable and fast internet laptop, that does not go to sleep :)

Note that ExpressCard USB3.0 will not work without power adjustment patch. There are cheap FL1100 based USB3.0 cards on eBay, but without voltage adjustment, they simply do not work. DSDT will need serious patching, and as default DSDT does NOT contain XHCI, you will have a very difficult time.

It is not difficult to add an ACPI identity for a PCI device...

Apart from those niggles, a very capable and fast internet laptop, that does not go to sleep :)

Sleep requires proper ACPI patches and native power management.

Hello. Spotlight Not Indexing on on my 4530. And the Entire Disk shows up in the Spotlight Preferences, as to ignore the drive, I keep taking it off, and it will re-appear.

Is this a permissions error or something, I don't see it in the Troubleshooting guide, should i run "Kext Wizard"? Thank You

Hello. Spotlight Not Indexing on on my 4530. And the Entire Disk shows up in the Spotlight Preferences, as to ignore the drive, I keep taking it off, and it will re-appear.

Is this a permissions error or something, I don't see it in the Troubleshooting guide, should i run "Kext Wizard"? Thank You

There are various tools you can use to reset the spotlight indexer. And an Apple recommended way: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201716

Soo.. When I Clone Drives, Do i still need to have the proper "config.plst" on the USB? and, For the Creation of the Recovery Drive? And I still should press F4 before i boot into and run PBI? I usually then also use KW for permissions and cache. And it has worked!

I just want to make sure all those same processes were all still necessary. I just got a KP on my second clone, i may have not done both things. What does the F4 do anyway?

Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back