Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Code:
There is already support for the G2 series in the installer.
you are right, i was looking at the change log>support system it didnt list under there, but it was added to the install 6.2.11.2.
thanks

I've formatted my HP 840 G1 and tried to re-install. All went OK except latest PBI 6.2.14. I've managed to install everything except Wifi as expected in previous 6.1.x something without any issues but this new one got some errors.
I've followed all instructions selected correct model etc, however failed at all times. I've removed EFI folder, re-installed nothing changed. I can only see screen if i connect laptop to my docking station, rather can't get any screen from laptop itself except USB Clover boot.

Attaching my install.log, CLOVER partition and AppleHDAIDT.kext as requested. Any ideas ?

PS: I was unable to get sound working but was working in previous versions after a few kext repair.

Thanks and Regards,

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    6.1 MB · Views: 63
@nguyenmac

New Probook Installer DSDT patcher is weird. No option for fan patches. No option for screen type/resolution?

WTF?

I see them now. They are hidden until you select a model. Bad UI but ok...

When i select 4x0s/8x0 G1 Series I cant see anything related to fan, actually only display will be shown only and i proceed with high resolution.

When i select 4x0s/8x0 G1 Series I cant see anything related to fan, actually only display will be shown only and i proceed with high resolution.

Looks like it is not implemented in the current ProBook Installer. Restricted for some odd reason. You'll have to apply the patches manually.

I'm very busy recently with my study, can't have enough time to answer questions anymore (glad that RehabMan is on his non-stop support train).

New PBI CE beta is out, backup and test it. Make sure you always have CLOVER USB to boot in case the current EFI folder is unbootable.

Updated tp 10.10.1 and used PBI CE 6.2.14. No problem at all.

@nguyenmac

New Probook Installer DSDT patcher is weird. No option for fan patches. No option for screen type/resolution?

WTF?

I see them now. They are hidden until you select a model. Bad UI but ok...

I decided to hide it cause no one confirmed it works on Haswell laptops. So it's ok now?

I decided to hide it cause no one confirmed it works on Haswell laptops. So it's ok now?

Fan patches, I assume... I say show all the patches all the time. Let the folks with this laptop test the patches. Since the EC fields for fan control seem to exist, it is likely they work.

Fan patches, I assume... I say show all the patches all the time. Let the folks with this laptop test the patches. Since the EC fields for fan control seem to exist, it is likely they work.

Ok, will be fixed in next version.

I also wanted to include OpenCL patch for HD4400/4600, but looks like the OpenCL dylib changed in 10.10.1

Back