Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Please run this in terminal and give me result:
Code:
ioreg -p IODeviceTree -c IOACPIPlatformDevice -k cpu-type -k clock-frequency | egrep name  | sed -e 's/ *[-|="<a-z>]//g'

Code:
>ioreg -p IODeviceTree -c IOACPIPlatformDevice -k cpu-type -k clock-frequency | egrep name  | sed -e 's/ *[-|="<a-z>]//g'
CPU0

Thanks for your help

Just not having much luck at all I have followed this guide to the letter I don't know how many times. I have managed to take the DSDT from Maverick install and get it to boot with pout the CloverUSb but cannot get sound and Wifi to work. Does anyone have a config.plist file I can use on a HP Probook 4530 sandy bridge i3 4 gig ram Intel HD Graphics 3000.

Follow the guide. The ProBook Installer will create DSDT and config.plist for you.

My choices from the PBI ce are as follows

Clover UEFI No Check (Tried with it checked and without)
OS X supported Kext standard model 4x30s checked
Config and DSDT patcher checked
Patch DSDT only checked
HP Laptop checked
Standard model checked
4x30s checked
Fan Behavior Checked
Reading only Checked
Display Type checked
High-Resolution screen Checked
SSDT Generator Checked
Misc OS X Files checked
ProBook Logos Checked
Color profiles Checked

Thats all no extras added. Please let me know what I am missing.

Every time i run the PBI Clover Edition and I choose what is said in the guide. I have to reboot with the usb and remove the dsdt and config and the EFI folder and replace them with the EFI folder on the Clover USB and use the Maverick clover install dsdt and config. This way its boots again without the Clover Usb.

Every time i run the PBI Clover Edition and I choose what is said in the guide. I have to reboot with the usb and remove the dsdt and config and the EFI folder and replace them with the EFI folder on the Clover USB and use the Maverick clover install dsdt and config. This way its boots again without the Clover Usb.

It means you're selecting incorrect options in the ProBook Installer...

Your approach is wrong. The EFI on the USB is only for installation.

Patch DSDT only checked
HP Laptop checked
Standard model checked
4x30s checked
Fan Behavior Checked
Reading only Checked
Display Type checked
SSDT Generator Checked
Misc OS X Files checked
ProBook Logos Checked
Color profiles Checked

Patch DSDT only checked
HP Laptop checked
Standard model checked
4x30s checked
Fan Behavior Checked
Reading only Checked
Display Type checked
SSDT Generator Checked
Misc OS X Files checked
ProBook Logos Checked
Color profiles Checked

Installing Clover UEFI is required.

Why are you choosing "Patch DSDT only"?

Have you installed a replacement screen in your 4530s? If you haven't and have the standard 1366x768 display, then your selection of "High-Resolution Screen" is incorrect.

You should read/follow the guide carefully. Step 13 is very clear on the selections you must make.

*Bump*

I'm sure this has been asked multiple times, however couldn't search it through the forum...

1. What resolution does probook CE's Yosemite theme has? I believe I could replace it with this https://plus.google.com/+NattapongP...6027761884598154914&oid=104196173613585151128

2. Browsing through Clover options during boot, the text is unreadable unless you select them. Must've been a known issue I reckon for 4540s low resolution?

3. is there an automated way to retain your config.plist while installing probook CE? Its really pain to copy paste again with your customized plist. I believe there was discussion on that with sample script.

My specs are in signature and I have enabled UEFI Hybrid with CSM option in my bios.

Regards,

RehabMan you were correct it was user error. I went back and read everything again very slowly. This time i did not choose Clover UFEI and I did not choose patch DDST. For display type I choose low resolution and it all worked like it was meant to work. Thanks for hanging with us out here you are a wealth of knowledge for us all. I ran the Kexts wizard a couple of times and sound is working also.

Thank you again for your help.

RehabMan you were correct it was user error. I went back and read everything again very slowly. This time i did not choose Clover UFEI and I did not choose patch DDST. For display type I choose low resolution and it all worked like it was meant to work. Thanks for hanging with us out here you are a wealth of knowledge for us all. I ran the Kexts wizard a couple of times and sound is working also.

Thank you again for your help.

Just so you know, you do need to choose Clover UEFI other otherwise you have no Clover bootloader on your HDD. But you had probably previously installed it from a prior run of the Probook Installer.

Back