Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Please run this in terminal and give me result:
Code:
ioreg -p IODeviceTree -c IOACPIPlatformDevice -k cpu-type -k clock-frequency | egrep name  | sed -e 's/ *[-|="<a-z>]//g'

Looks like it's caused by something in the BIOS. I just updated the firmware from 0.4 to 0.5, and changed some random settings, now the installer doesn't give error any more. USB ports work fine except the USB3 port which only works if something is plugged in during boot. Audio is still broken (worked in Mavericks), but I can live with it since I have a USB headset. Overall the system appears to be more stable than Mavericks. With Mavericks I had graphics glitches and the system would freeze once every few weeks, especially after plugging/unplugging power cords and USB devices.

Thanks

Looks like it's caused by something in the BIOS. I just updated the firmware from 0.4 to 0.5, and changed some random settings, now the installer doesn't give error any more. USB ports work fine except the USB3 port which only works if something is plugged in during boot. Audio is still broken (worked in Mavericks), but I can live with it since I have a USB headset. Overall the system appears to be more stable than Mavericks. With Mavericks I had graphics glitches and the system would freeze once every few weeks, especially after plugging/unplugging power cords and USB devices.

Thanks

Audio should (have to) work. Repair permission, rebuild cache and restart a few times.

Why does the kernel panics. I turn PLimitDict or sandybredge it does not fit?

Why does the kernel panics. I turn PLimitDict or sandybredge it does not fit?

Best to avoid options in config.plist that you don't understand.

If you're getting a panic, show quality photo of the entire screen and post your EFI/Clover/config.plist and EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder.

Best to avoid options in config.plist that you don't understand.

If you're getting a panic, show quality photo of the entire screen and post your EFI/Clover/config.plist and EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched folder.
panic occurs on the Intel CPU Power Management.kext. in EFI / Clover / ACPI / patched only dsdt.aml.if PLimitDict 1 or 2 occurs panic.

panic occurs on the Intel CPU Power Management.kext.

Please read carefully.

No idea without photo...

You forgot ACPI/patched folder.

Your config.plist was not created by the ProBook Installer. Follow instructions carefully.

Please read carefully.

No idea without photo...

You forgot ACPI/patched folder.

Your config.plist was not created by the ProBook Installer. Follow instructions carefully.
RehabMan. Photos do not know how to do. but the panic was precisely on the Intel CPU Power Management.kext. config.plist set of ProBook Installer but I edited it for p-c state.I want to understand why there is panic when PLimitDict 1 or 2 as well as all the p-states and c-states work etc.

RehabMan. Photos do not know how to do.

Use a camera.

but the panic was precisely on the Intel CPU Power Management.kext.

Maybe so, but the specifics on that screen matter.

config.plist set of ProBook Installer but I edited it for p-c state.I want to understand why there is panic when PLimitDict 1 or 2 as well as all the p-states and c-states work etc.

You should not set those options.

Its funny that when people follow the RED lines in the guide to post problems, it gets to ignore twice! then people wouldn't have any option to create a new thread...

referring to this http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...k-installer-clover-edition-72.html#post920954

I am also facing an issue when trying to hide my data volume in clover config.
My partition scheme is as follow

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *750.2 GB disk0
1: EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Microsoft Basic Data Win7 220.0 GB disk0s2
3: Microsoft Basic Data Data 190.0 GB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data TRA 11.5 GB disk0s4
5: Apple_HFS iMac 180.0 GB disk0s5
6: Apple_HFS iBackup 147.5 GB disk0s6

I am trying to hard 3rd volume i.e. Data. I have tried to hide it from custom legacy using GUID as well as volume identifier from clover boot log. I even tried Custom Entries with both GUID and volume identifier. Also used clover configuration main section of hide partition. So far nothing seems to work.

Clover seems to pick this partition right using volume identifier and adds the title whatever I wrote in title. However as soon as I check "Hidden" it seems to ignore everything including the title and just put "Windows Legacy HD3".

My config and boot plist are

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3pnykhsrhxpruz/config.plist?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2ska1v8elop95f/bootlog.log.txt?dl=0

Back