Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Hi Nguyen,
I follow this guide to install Lion on my Probook 4530s, after installation done I install Probook Installer Clover edition and restart but after that, I can't start Lion again and I must use Clover from USB to boot. So, my question is. Does PBI CE available for Mavericks only?

Yes, you're in Mavericks subforum.

I tried the new installer, but, is not generating the DSDT at least for 4530s, only SSDT, previously i remove my DSDT and SSDT from .../ACPI/PATCHED to be clear...

BTW: No issues for wake with battery/power suply with this clover release...

I tried the new installer, but, is not generating the DSDT at least for 4530s, only SSDT, previously i remove my DSDT and SSDT from .../ACPI/PATCHED to be clear...

BTW: No issues for wake with battery/power suply with this clover release...
You have to boot from usb and repatch dsdt. If it can't generate dsdt, please post your original dsdt.aml and install.log

All good now!!
I put the Card Reader's Kexts (JMB38X, HSSDBlockStorage) into: /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.9, and now is working...
Theres any problem to put in there? because i saw the previous post about it, and you said that it should be put it into S/L/E in OSX partition...

All good now!!
I put the Card Reader's Kexts (JMB38X, HSSDBlockStorage) into: /EFI/CLOVER/KEXTS/10.9, and now is working...
Theres any problem to put in there? because i saw the previous post about it, and you said that it should be put it into S/L/E in OSX partition...

I prefer to put everything in /S/L/E. Sometimes kext injection simply doesn't work. You can usually fiddle with it for a while... rebuild cache and boot several times, and eventually it works, but usually it is better to simply put everything in /S/L/E.

I think the problem has to do with these kexts being injected into cache, where dependent kexts are not present in the cache. As a result, they have unresolved externals and cannot be loaded.

The trick that works most of the time is to boot without caches, such that kernel cache is ignored and everything loads as it is supposed to. Then... rebuild cache. Now cache gets everything needed, except the injected kexts themselves... and the injected kexts get added via Clover injection.

But problems happen if you boot with caches using kext injection for the reason mentioned above. Once you get a cache built that contains the kexts which your injected kexts are dependent on, then it is smooth sailing (until you invalidate the cache, or add new kexts to be injected).

Thanks, all clear now. I just restart and the card reader wasn't working... i will put it into S/L/E/ then.

Give me your version release date: 04.09.2014 & 06.06.2014. pls

Back