Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Hi,

My pc recently have problems, I can't figure out why.
I can't boot into chameleon or windows boot loader, it hangs (Ctrl Alt Del does not work).

We don't use Chameleon on the ProBook for Yosemite, so that is not really a problem.

Booting into Clover is fine.
HP Probook Installer Clover Edition can't detect EFI partition, it does not install kext for any OS X version I installed.

Post output of (in Terminal, of course):
Code:
diskutil list

Tried to fix MBR, correct active partition, no luck.

This guide does not use MBR. The OS X installer requires GPT.

Make sure you follow the guide in post #1.

We don't use Chameleon on the ProBook for Yosemite, so that is not really a problem.

Post output of (in Terminal, of course):
Code:
diskutil list

This guide does not use MBR. The OS X installer requires GPT.

Make sure you follow the guide in post #1.

/dev/disk0
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: FDisk_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk0
1: Apple_HFS Mountain Lion 108.4 GB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS 10.10 37.6 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_HFS 10.9 15.7 GB disk0s3
4: Windows_NTFS 141.7 GB disk0s5
5: DOS_FAT_16 EFI 418.4 MB disk0s6
6: Apple_HFS 10.6 16.2 GB disk0s7

Yeah I know this guide require GPT. I had OS X 10.10 running (with sound, wifi, bluetooth, HDMI, VGA out) with Clover and MBR for months.

Can you please help me on where to download kexts for OS X 10.10 and 10.9 to use with Clover?

My PC specs:
core i3 2310m
1378*768 screen

0: FDisk_partition_scheme *320.1 GB disk0

There's your problem. MBR is not supported.

Please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php
"This site does not condone piracy or the use of illegally acquired software. Any use, discussion, links to or mentions of a pre-built VM, t*****t, distribution, downloaded, copied, cloned, hacked or modified installer of the operating system will result in an instant ban and account deletion. Piracy is ILLEGAL and NOT TOLERATED."

Follow the guide in post #1.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

Can we greeting again?

I guess asking for kexts is not illegal, is it?

Hi,

Can we greeting again.

I guest asking for kexts is not illegal, is it?

It is off-topic for this thread. This thread is only for questions regarding ProBook Installer CE...

Most of the kexts for the ProBook (and other laptops) come from my repo: https://github.com/RehabMan?tab=repositories

A few, such as ProbookAtheros.kext, Jmicron kexts, etc, come from the Probook Installer source repo. Refer to the link in post #1 this thread.

Of course, kexts are only part of the picture. You also need a correct config.plist. It is created by script in the ProBook Installer depending on your selections.

And you need correctly patched DSDT/SSDTs. Those are created by script in PBI-CE and the patches at my repo: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch.

Finally, you need an SSDT generated for CPU PM, which is done by Pike's ssdtPRgen.sh: https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh

I have solved the problem.
The installer seems to trigger 'unmount EFI partition' (no idea how), then installs files to '/volumes/EFI' which is not real EFI partition.
Well I went to /volumes, found an EFI folder and an EFI partition (need to mount it first), copy EFI folder to EFI partition.

I have solved the problem.
The installer seems to trigger 'unmount EFI partition' (no idea how), then installs files to '/volumes/EFI' which is not real EFI partition.
Well I went to /volumes, found an EFI folder and an EFI partition (need to mount it first), copy EFI folder to EFI partition.

If you think you found a bug, post logs here.

Hi RehabMan,

I followed your HP Clover installation guide and have managed to get into the operating system. No matter what option I choose in PBI, however, I get a message "The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." ... I have tried to compile via the troubleshooting but receive the same error. I'm on an 8570W, Quadro 2000M, SSD ...

Hi RehabMan,

I followed your HP Clover installation guide and have managed to get into the operating system. No matter what option I choose in PBI, however, I get a message "The installation failed. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance." ... I have tried to compile via the troubleshooting but receive the same error. I'm on an 8570W, Quadro 2000M, SSD ...

It is not my guide. The guide is written by nguyenmac. Not sure if PBI-CE supports your device...

Anything I can do to contribute? I've been using Chameleon but never anything UEFI ... Thanks for the quick response though.

Back