Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Yes, it's his.

Awesome. Saves having to patch with CC after install.

On another note, sometimes when I start my 4540s, bluetooth shows as "not available" and a reboot is required to bring it back.
This only started happening after installing 10.10.3. It appears to be random. Fast boot is disabled. I've attached my ioreg.
I would be greatful for any insight into this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• ocean223's.ioreg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
Awesome. Saves having to patch with CC after install.

On another note, sometimes when I start my 4540s, bluetooth shows as "not available" and a reboot is required to bring it back.
This only started happening after installing 10.10.3. It appears to be random. Fast boot is disabled. I've attached my ioreg.
I would be greatful for any insight into this issue.
Thanks in advance.

Remove any existing bluetooth firmware uploader you have (BTFirmwareUploader.kext, old version of BrcmPatchRAM.kext).

Remove ProBookARPT.kext.

Install latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Remove any config.plist patch you have for AirPort Extreme branding.

Install latest BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Final config for BT/WiFi:
- BrcmPatchRAM: firmware uploader
- handoff patch in config.plist
- FakePCIID kexts: AirPort Extreme branding for WiFi
- 5ghz patch in config.plist

Report back on results.

Note: The ioreg you posted shows working bluetooth (but not using current kexts and best practices/techniques). For any reasonable analysis on non-working bluetooth, would require system.log for that boot and ioreg capturing the state when it is not working.

Note for future ProBook Installer...

- Broadcom related entries (both WiFi and BT) should be removed from ProBookARPT.kext
- AirPort Extreme patch should be removed from config.plist
- Use FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
- Use BrcmPatchRAM.kext

Thanks RehabMan,
Okay, Just so I am clear before I start fiddling around.
Found BrcmPatchRAM.kext. I will remove this.
I don't have BTFirmwareUploader.kext in S/L/E
I don't have ProBookARPT.kext in S/L/E

I have retrieved FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext I will install these with Kextwizard.

I am not clear on the removal of the config.plist patch I have for AirPort Extreme branding. Should I look for something in Clover Configurator or just edit my config.plist? What to look for.

And when you say this:

That's what I will end up with after completing the previous steps or I have more work to do.
:thumbup:

Found BrcmPatchRAM.kext. I will remove this.
I don't have BTFirmwareUploader.kext in S/L/E
I don't have ProBookARPT.kext in S/L/E

You need BrcmPatchRAM.kext. The Probook Installer also tends to put kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts, so check there too.

I have retrieved FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext I will install these with Kextwizard.

I am not clear on the removal of the config.plist patch I have for AirPort Extreme branding. Should I look for something in Clover Configurator or just edit my config.plist? What to look for.

I don't know the specifics, but when you look at each patch, it will be obvious.

And when you say this:

That's what I will end up with after completing the previous steps or I have more work to do.
:thumbup:

That's what you *should* end up with (eg. it is the goal).

Thanks again. Sorry to be a pain but, can you take a look at a screen shot I attached and let me know what to get rid of?
:angel:

Uh oh, I goofed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 7.02.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 7.02.38 PM.png
    207.8 KB · Views: 104

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.6 KB · Views: 204
Maybe if I show you my config.plist?

:?:
Should I move all the kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts to S/L/E ? :?:

Your config.plist doesn't have an Airport Extreme branding patch.

The current Probook Installer does install the kexts to /S/L/E (at least according to the commits at bitbucket). It is the correct way.

Back