Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

Airport Extreme branding is not needed anymore, it can be injected by ProbookARPT.kext.

Airport Extreme branding is not needed anymore, it can be injected by ProbookARPT.kext.

it can be injected by FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext

Note for future ProBook Installer...

- Broadcom related entries (both WiFi and BT) should be removed from ProBookARPT.kext
- AirPort Extreme patch should be removed from config.plist
- Use FakePCIID.kext FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext
- Use BrcmPatchRAM.kext

PBI CE removed AirportExtreme patch while ago, and Airport Extreme can be injected by ProBookARPT.kext. What is the advantage of the FakePCIID compared to injector kext?

BrcmPatchRAM is already in tool, under "Broadcom Bluetooth", do you mean I should install it by default to all laptops?

Better to use FakePCIID (the trickery is more complete). ProBookARPT.kext conflicts with BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

All Broadcom WiFi ids should be removed from ProBookARPT.kext. Use the FakePCIID kexts instead. All Broadcom BT IDs should be also removed. They are all handled (and more) with BrcmPatchRAM.kext.

PBI CE removed AirportExtreme patch while ago, and Airport Extreme can be injected by ProBookARPT.kext. What is the advantage of the FakePCIID compared to injector kext?

FakePCIID fakes configRead32 calls for PCI config data.

FYI: ProbookARPT.kext *is* an injector kext.

BrcmPatchRAM is already in tool, under "Broadcom Bluetooth", do you mean I should install it by default to all laptops?

Although installing it always does no harm, it should be installed only for people with Broadcom BT hardware. If you install it on a system without Broadcom BT, it will do nothing but will take up memory (for the firmware images).

OK! Thanks again. Proceeding with the process you described.:D

OK! Thanks again. Proceeding with the process you described.:D

OK, but please try to use quoted replies. It makes it easier to follow the conversation, especially in a busy thread like this one.

Remove any existing bluetooth firmware uploader you have (BTFirmwareUploader.kext, old version of BrcmPatchRAM.kext).

Remove ProBookARPT.kext.

Install latest FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_BCM94352Z_as_BCM94360CS2.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Fake-PCI-ID

Remove any config.plist patch you have for AirPort Extreme branding.

Install latest BrcmPatchRAM.kext: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM

Final config for BT/WiFi:
- BrcmPatchRAM: firmware uploader
- handoff patch in config.plistRep
- FakePCIID kexts: AirPort Extreme branding for WiFi
- 5ghz patch in config.plist

Report back on results.

OK, but please try to use quoted replies. It makes it easier to follow the conversation, especially in a busy thread like this one.

Ok, my bad.

After following your instructions and repairing permissions and rebuilding cache, everything seems to be woking. I'll just have to wait and see if the bluetooth problem shows up.(Bluetooth not available).

My config.plist is identical to my config.plist that I had before following your instructions.

Does that make sense?

FakePCIID fakes configRead32 calls for PCI config data.

FYI: ProbookARPT.kext *is* an injector kext.

Yes I know, FakePCIID is more complete than just FakeID/Injector (as shown in HD4400/HD4600), but I don't see any practical advantage in using FakePCIID compared to ProbookARPT in Wifi. Both have stable wifi, has Airport Extreme branding, and do not support 5Ghz channel without patch.

Yes I know, FakePCIID is more complete than just FakeID/Injector (as shown in HD4400/HD4600), but I don't see any practical advantage in using FakePCIID compared to ProbookARPT in Wifi. Both have stable wifi, has Airport Extreme branding, and do not support 5Ghz channel without patch.

I'd rather have the kext see the Apple IDs when it reads via IOPCIDevice::configRead*. I'll continue to advise people to use FakePCIID instead of ProBookARPT.kext. It is more simple. Less kexts. FakePCIID for HD4600 and Broadcom WiFi. BrcmPatchRAM for BT. No toleda kexts, no ProBookARPT.kext needed.

The Broadcom bluetooth parts of of ProBookARPT.kext should be removed as this job is handled better by BrcmPatchRAM.kext and having them both installed, they conflict with each other.

Back