Contribute
Register

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition

- HP Probook 6x60b/5330m, HP Elitebook 8x60p/2x60p: HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)
so my question is what exactly qualifies as an "HP-branded Broadcom 43224HMS (582564-001/582564-002)"

It is a BCM43224HMS with HP sub-vendor and sub-device IDs.

The product/part/model# is in parenthesis.

i also posted links to two different cards, that i think is right, but i am not sure and is also the reason why i am asking on this forum. This is the most informative place for what we do, so i am asking.

atleast give me an example of a card that works for hp elitebook 8460p and isnt whitelisted. any and all factors i need? you didnt answer if it has to actually say HP branded, like i asked. i also provide you with another question of whether or not i need the sps#582564-001/582564-002. i feel like i read thoroughly and have asked after doing my own research and studying of the guide. you have always steered me in the right direction in these past few days, so just a lil more clues would help me.

You want a card that *is* whitelisted. A whitelist is a list of cards that are accepted. A blacklist would be a list of cards that are rejected.

The details on the card you need is in post #1 of the guide.

It is a BCM43224HMS with HP sub-vendor and sub-device IDs.

The product/part/model# is in parenthesis.

what hp sub-vendor and sub-device ids should i be looking for in the pictures? could you provide me an example of where to find sub vendor and sub device in the two links in post #1434?

what hp sub-vendor and sub-device ids should i be looking for in the pictures?

It is not something you'd likely find in the product listing.

But the product listing will likely say "for HP" or "HP branded" and will list the part number.

could you provide me an example of where to find sub vendor and sub device in the two links in post #1434?

You need to have the card installed in a computer... then using one of many techniques to list the devices on the PCI bus (such as 'lspci -nn' in Linux, DPCIManager on OS X, Device Manager on Windows, etc).

I believe nguyenmac posted the vendor-id, device-id, subvendor-id, subdevice-id of the HP branded card not too long ago.

if i had this information, i could easily ask each seller if all the above matches. Maybe i should go the atheros 9380 route?

You have all the information you need (HP part#).

ONlpRon.png

HP Probook Installer Clover Edition 6.2.16 (May 1st)

Download

Changelog

Source @bitbucket

Guide to install Mavericks on HP Probook

Guide to install Yosemite on HP Probook

Troubleshooting

If you have any problems with PBI, please send me your troubleshooting files:
Run PBI CE, select Extra Tools > Troubleshooting, then compress the Troubleshooting folder on Desktop and post here.

hey buddy, could really use some advice on how to find the vendor-id, device-id, subvendor-id, subdevice-id for hp branded wifi card that works with elitebook 8460p.

Back