Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

HP ProBook Installer 6.1 (beta): Ivy bridge support

Yep, I still need blinkscreen from the Installer to restore the ability to use all the brightness levels. (without it there are only 4-5 levels) It basically makes your display "blink" (i.e. puts it into sleep and wakes it) but you can do that manually as well - by setting, for example, a hotcorner for "Put display to sleep".
The difference between Chimera and Chameleon is that the latter remembers the specific brightness level that was set before (shutting down/restarting the laptop) while Chimera arbitrarily sets the highest (or lowest, can't remember - probably the highest though) available level of brightness every time system is booted.

Thanks Rehabman! Your solution of setting graphics to 1920x1080 in Chameleon Wizard solved the problem of my funny resolution and screen dislodgement during the user account login screen. Once again many thanks!

Alright guys, for the 10.8.4 support in the Installer we have the following patched kexts so far:

Patched AppleHDA.kext (for 4x30s): this one, provided by RehabMan.
Patched AppleHDA.kext (for 4x40s): this one, provided by RehabMan.
Patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (for 4x30s and 4x40s with Sandy Bridge CPU): this one, provided by me.
Patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (for 4x40s with Ivy Bridge CPU): this one, provided by kpkp.

Please, test the kexts and provide a feedback. Thank you!

You can use the following form:

1. Platform (4x30s, 4x40s SB, 4x40s IB)
2. Kext (any of the above)
3. Status (works or not)

1. 4530s
2. AppleHDA & AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
3. OK (except for mono line-in for audio, VGA output with the SNB... kext works fine).

Alright guys, for the 10.8.4 support in the Installer we have the following patched kexts so far:

Patched AppleHDA.kext (for 4x30s): this one, provided by RehabMan.
Patched AppleHDA.kext (for 4x40s): this one, provided by RehabMan.
Patched AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext (for 4x30s and 4x40s with Sandy Bridge CPU): this one, provided by me.
Patched AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext (for 4x40s with Ivy Bridge CPU): this one, provided by kpkp.

Please, test the kexts and provide a feedback. Thank you!

You can use the following form:

1. Platform (4x30s, 4x40s SB, 4x40s IB)
2. Kext (any of the above)
3. Status (works or not)

on my 4530s hdmi is not support sound with kext for video...I rolled back to 10.8.3 version of driver

on my 4530s hdmi is not support sound with kext for video...I rolled back to 10.8.3 version of driver

You sure about that? Did you rebuilt the kext cache? Because I did it two or three times after installing the kext, just in case and the HDMI audio works for me (on my LG M3323D). I don't even sure if this patch has something to do with the HDMI audio, because as far as I know, the only thing, needed for enabling the HDMI audio is DSDT edits and we already have them.

1. 4530s
2. AppleHDA & AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB
3. OK

When can an update for 10.8.4 be expected?

You sure about that? Did you rebuilt the kext cache? Because I did it two or three times after installing the kext, just in case and the HDMI audio works for me (on my LG M3323D). I don't even sure if this patch has something to do with the HDMI audio, because as far as I know, the only thing, needed for enabling the HDMI audio is DSDT edits and we already have them.

I don't know why, but this is true! sound works by hdmi cable on my panasonic tv with patched kext 10.8.3 from installer 6.1 b11, and if i install this one there is not even device in system settings/sound!!! may be i should try to install both kexts (graphic and frameburner)???

I don't know why, but this is true! sound works by hdmi cable on my panasonic tv with patched kext 10.8.3 from installer 6.1 b11, and if i install this one there is not even device in system settings/sound!!! may be i should try to install both kexts (graphic and frameburner)???

Hm, not really sure about that, but I have both kexts installed. Maybe you should try with both kexts installed too.

Back