Contribute
Register

HP ProBook Installer 6.1: 4x30s and 4x40s support

Guys, I've uploaded a beta version of the original HP ProBook Installer (6.1.14b) with added Yosemite support. I haven't tested it myself for the very limited free time I have recently and being use Clover as a main bootloader. If some of you still use and prefer to use Chameleon, you may test it and report back the issues you may have encountered.

As I said before, Yosemite probably will be the last OS X version, supported by this installer and I highly recommend to migrate to Clover, if you haven't done it yet.

MD5: 878391f3d73bd8f78890458e25101165 HP ProBook Installer 6.1.14b.pkg

Guys, I've uploaded a beta version of the original HP ProBook Installer (6.1.14b) with added Yosemite support. I haven't tested it myself for the very limited free time I have recently and being use Clover as a main bootloader. If some of you still use and prefer to use Chameleon, you may test it and report back the issues you may have encountered.

As I said before, Yosemite probably will be the last OS X version, supported by this installer and I highly recommend to migrate to Clover, if you haven't done it yet.

This should be interesting...

MD5: 878391f3d73bd8f78890458e25101165 HP ProBook Installer 6.1.14b.pkg

Thanks for your work with this installer.

I have tested it, and at the end of installation give me an error and let installation incomplete. Boot with chimera don't work. I reboot with Unibeast USB and everything works ok, except battery indicator, it says there is not battery installed.

Thanks for your work with this installer.

I have tested it, and at the end of installation give me an error and let installation incomplete. Boot with chimera don't work. I reboot with Unibeast USB and everything works ok, except battery indicator, it says there is not battery installed.

Please, post your /var/log/install.log.

Holy ****! Version 15.1 !!! I've missed that.

Edit: that new version requires internet connection for all additional tools it needs! WTF ?!? Well, that's minor setback.

Holy ****! Version 15.1 !!! I've missed that.

Edit: that new version requires internet connection for all additional tools it needs! WTF ?!? Well, that's minor setback.

Yes, it is all silliness. The default should be _PR... that would handle 95% of the cases and avoid extracting DSDT from ioreg (which is where the internet access comes in... to download the tool that can extract DSDT).

And, of course, we have 'patchmatic -extract', so the script could be changed to use it instead (to handle the other (non-proboook) 5% of the cases...)

And, of course, we have 'patchmatic -extract', so the script could be changed to use it instead (to handle the other (non-proboook) 5% of the cases...)

I thought so and on first sight I can say than will not be the only edit. Bloody script :evil:

EDIT: wasn't that tough...
RM, please test this one and tell me if it works for you. The script is pre-adjusted, so you should start it without any additional parameters. Everybody are welcome to test it as well.

View attachment ssdtpbi.zip

I thought so and on first sight I can say than will not be the only edit. Bloody script :evil:

EDIT: wasn't that tough...
RM, please test this one and tell me if it works for you. The script is pre-adjusted, so you should start it without any additional parameters. Everybody are welcome to test it as well.

View attachment 115530

It generated correctly for my desktop (i7-2600k)...

Back