Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i did patch my dsdt using maciasl but funnily enough I get graphic glitches with it

I dont if I use your dsdt

The only thing when I use your dsdt when booting up it stops for a while kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

then continues

This is my screen with glitches

Ps I also noticed when I plug in ethernet cables it takes a few minutes to get connected.....

Attachments

• screen.tiff
    967.5 KB · Views: 231
hi i did patch my dsdt using maciasl but funnily enough I get graphic glitches with it

I dont if I use your dsdt

The only thing when I use your dsdt when booting up it stops for a while kernel[0]: IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 64:87

then continues

This is my screen with glitches

Ps I also noticed when I plug in ethernet cables it takes a few minutes to get connected.....

First, double check that you did it correctly. That your extract was a recent one and not one from before any hardware changes or BIOS upgrades. And I'm not sure what you mean by "your dsdt"... do you mean the DSDT *you* patched?

Two, make sure that after you patch the DSDT and get it installed and ready to go, that you do an EC reset: shutdown, battery out, AC plug out, hold down power 60sec, put everything back and turn on. The old DSDT not matched to your machine may have put it in a strange state.

Given that you are getting the IOAPIC delay, sounds to me like you didn't do it correctly...

yes I did extract my clean dsdt in linux bios f28

Given that you are getting the IOAPIC delay, sounds to me like you didn't do it correctly... It only happens with your dsdt from installer

I have patched it again now seems fine but glitches happen now and again {before}

I have used all.text patch to do it while b4 I put your url in maciasl to do it and used standard screen all

Ill play with the laptop anf report back

yes I did extract my clean dsdt in linux bios f28

Given that you are getting the IOAPIC delay, sounds to me like you didn't do it correctly... It only happens with your dsdt from installer

IOAPIC delay is pretty much expected using foreign DSDT.

I have patched it again now seems fine but glitches happen now and again {before}

I have used all.text patch to do it while b4 I put your url in maciasl to do it and used standard screen all

Ill play with the laptop anf report back

I still get patches sometime and in that event, I do an EC reset as described. Usually they show up after running Windows or Linux...

Thanks RehabMan for input...

I have a question on my fujitsu s6410 and also when I had a dell d630 on closing the laptop it used to go to sleep and opening in used to wake up

Does the probook not have these capabilities in osx?????

Yes it does go to sleep when closing lid why on earth did I think it did not?????????????

Thanks RehabMan for input...

I have a question on my fujitsu s6410 and also when I had a dell d630 on closing the laptop it used to go to sleep and opening in used to wake up

Does the probook not have these capabilities in osx?????

Yes it does go to sleep when closing lid why on earth did I think it did not?????????????

Yeah, it just doesn't wake on lid open. Same in Windows. The Probook seems to only wake on power button (and probably WOL...)

Yeah, it just doesn't wake on lid open. Same in Windows. The Probook seems to only wake on power button (and probably WOL...)

Hey people,

is there any difference - performance stability and anything else - if i do a fresh patch of my dsdt since 10.8.3 is out.

it was a faster boot up - non ssd - with the 10.8.2

Just a note: Patches updated for ProBook 4x40s...

Thanks to BigDonkey and all those who tested/refined the patches...

is it also updated in maciasl sources?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back