Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, if you need the latest iASL compiler (20121114), I have it compiled in my Dropbox space here, along with the rest ACPICA tools.

Philip_petev, what change if we use your latest iASL compiler?
Thanks!

What's new? I dont' know, from my point of view it's the latest stable version, but you can see the full changelog here.

FYI...

It is the 'latest'. Calling it 'stable' might be a bit generous. Last week, for example, they broke the build (that is, they checked in some changes and you couldn't build it because of compiler errors -- they fixed it a few days later).

FYI...

It is the 'latest'. Calling it 'stable' might be a bit generous. Last week, for example, they broke the build (that is, they checked in some changes and you couldn't build it because of compiler errors -- they fixed it a few days later).

Maybe so, but I still have the latest stable version inside my copies of DSDT Editor and DSDT Auto Patcher. I don't know anything about compiling issues, but last night I compiled successfully the latest git commit 9eb35c2.

Maybe so, but I still have the latest stable version inside my copies of DSDT Editor and DSDT Auto Patcher. I don't know anything about compiling issues, but last night I compiled successfully the latest git commit 9eb35c2.

Commit b2d2a52765 was broken.
They fixed it in 0796525038 within 24 hrs. I didn't check/notice for a few days...

In the meantime, I fixed their code and was able to compile. My point is you are getting their live changes to the code.

It is probably best to wait until they add a new tag, as tags seem to represent stable Windows binaries dropped to the public. The last tag drop is "R11_14_12.zip — version 20121114."

FYI...

RM, better to proceed patching my dsdt with this latest iASL compiler, or do it with the "normal/standard one" that came with the program (DSDT Editor)?
Thanks!

RM, better to proceed patching my dsdt with this latest iASL compiler, or do it with the "normal/standard one" that came with the program (DSDT Editor)?
Thanks!

The one that comes with DSDT Editor is a known quantity. It works and is relatively recent and there really isn't any reason to change it.

The one that comes with DSDT Editor is a known quantity. It works and is relatively recent and there really isn't any reason to change it.

Got it!
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back