Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the latest stable iASL compiler along with the rest ACPICA tools.

thanks, no idea how to use it. something to do with the dsdt editor or is this a new dsdt editor?

i've just updated to f30 and repatched the dsdt with everything unplugged except usb mouse. most functions work ok, slowly working through the common tasks.

- except itunes wifi sync. that would be a nice thing to have, though havent seen much talk about it on hacktosh forums.

It's the latest stable iASL compiler along with the rest ACPICA tools.

With the new bios (F30) and the upcoming (I hope) new version of the probook installer, I want to give it a try patching my new raw dsdt.
philip_petev, how I have to proceed? just copy the bin64 folder in the DSDT Editor directory?
Thanks!

With the new bios (F30) and the upcoming (I hope) new version of the probook installer, I want to give it a try patching my new raw dsdt.
philip_petev, how I have to proceed? just copy the bin64 folder in the DSDT Editor directory?
Thanks!

Not the whole folder, only the iasl binary. You should copy it in /Application/DSDT Editor/Contents/Resources/Java, replacing the old binary.

Not the whole folder, only the iasl binary. You should copy it in /Application/DSDT Editor/Contents/Resources/Java, replacing the old binary.

Ok thank you!

I like to have everything up to date!

Last BIOS version is the F.30, right? Is it safe for the dsdt patching?
Last iASL compiler is the 20121220, right? Is that stable (no bugs?)?
Last probook installer is 6b12.. When the final version?

I will proceed to a new clean install when I will have them all.

Thanks!

HD3K only. I've renamed them on github to better reflect.
I am a beginner in hackintosh and I want to learn some things like dsdt ...I have update my bios tu F30 on my ProBook 4530s an in the "instaler 6" is not such option what can i do?

I am a beginner in hackintosh and I want to learn some things like dsdt ...I have update my bios tu F30 on my ProBook 4530s an in the "instaler 6" is not such option what can i do?
There isn't one because we don't have universal DSDT covering all types of 4x30S with different hardware and cards.
If you have existing DSDT.aml from older revision like F.20 or F.23 you can still you it with Probook updated to F.30 but of course the best is to extract clean dsdt and patch it according to this guide
https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

Just upgraded my 4530s from F.20 to F.30 and applied the patches. The hardest part of the whole process was finding a 2GB or less USB Stick/SD Card so I could actually run the BIOS update.

The advantage of dual booting Linux is that you can just mount your OSX drive and run the patcher in Linux, all while extracting your running DSDT from the /proc filesystem, which saves you from booting up with your Multibeast stick.

Hi I extracted my clean dsdt for my hp 4430s but what a nightmare

Lots of errors with dsdt editor would not compile it

In the end I used orilla dsdt patcher mamage to do it but although i applied all patches the only one not working is the fan one

I attach both my dsdt raw and patched

Attachments

• raw.zip
    47.8 KB · Views: 95
  • patched.zip
    49 KB · Views: 111
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back