Contribute
Register

HP Probook 4730s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am!

Bios is indeed 68SRR Ver. F.09

I've made a DSDT with autopatcher and included it in this post. Going to try the DSDT from your last page to see what happens. Thanks again for the help, greatly apreciated.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    137.2 KB · Views: 175
Thanks man! Gunna try it now!

Edit: tried it on a clean install with unibeast. All loads well but soon as I reboot I get the "you need to restart" message. Can't get into the OS anymore. Not even with -x -v bootdsdt=no or any of that. Am I doing something wrong?

Wow, long time since I've felt this much like a noob :oops:

NO, I didn't, did now though and have a working screen, wifi and audio.

You're a lifesaver dude. Thanks!

It is safe to update from 10.7.0 to 10.7.2?

Bit scared I might kill it again :)

Hi!

One more question: the sleepmode on my 4730s doesn't seem to work, whenever I close the screen or the auto timer sets in, the system boots (I see the bootloader again) back and only then do I see the open windows I had before. Is this normal?

Also, is it possible to make the autoboot continue automatically? I don't really see the point in hitting enter to start booting from the harddisk.

Thanks!

Download the update from apple.com. Run it, but don't reboot. Run the pack again, this time for 10.7.2. Then hit reboot and that will be good. Hopefully will fix your sleep problem.

And add to org.chameleon.boot.plist in extra

<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>

or any number. look and make sure it is key then string, not the other way.

****.. that didn't work. It rebooted before I could run Installer/Updater and now I can't boot back into the system. I get "Still waiting for root device" in safe mode. Normale mode just gives a kernel panic.

I spent a day installing/setting up everything.. is there a way to get back in or repair the damage?

ok, did a complete reinstall up to 10.7.2 and added a backup partition so I might be able to restore from that next time.

I was missing the trackpad but got that back with some other kexts. No just for Wifi to return to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back