MSi X99A-MPOWER
CPU
Intel Core i7-6850K
Graphics
Inno3D GTX 780 iChill
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I am not new to the Hackintosh-world, I have built a few of them already. But my new laptop is a bit of a troublemaker. I have a Mavericks Unibeast USB, I can boot from it, but as soon as it is asked to show me the installation menu (the part where the graphics kick in), I get a white flash and after that a black screen. I have tried a DSDT, flags (-f, -x, PCIRootUID=0/1, PciRoot=1, cpus=1 (necessary to boot), IGPEnabler=Yes/No, IGProfileID=01660009/01660003, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No) but now I ran out of options. I just can't get graphics to work. I have both the Intel HD 3000 and the AMD Radeon HD6770M. But the Radeon card is disabled in the bios.
Any ideas on how to get this thing to work?

Thanks,

Kevin

Laptop specs:
HP Pavilion dv6-6b41ed
Intel Core i7-2670QM
8GB ddr3 1333mhz RAM
Intel HD3000 + AMD Radeon HD 6770M 2GB (disabled at the moment)
1920x1080 Anti-Glare display

Hi,
I can boot from it, but as soon as it is asked to show me the installation menu (the part where the graphics kick in), I get a white flash and after that a black screen.

Not sure what you mean by this. What SMBIOS.plist are you using?

What I mean is, after the boot where you should get the language chooser, I get a white flash followed by a black screen.

I am using MacbookPro8,1 SMBIOS.

Hi,

I am not new to the Hackintosh-world, I have built a few of them already. But my new laptop is a bit of a troublemaker. I have a Mavericks Unibeast USB, I can boot from it, but as soon as it is asked to show me the installation menu (the part where the graphics kick in), I get a white flash and after that a black screen. I have tried a DSDT, flags (-f, -x, PCIRootUID=0/1, PciRoot=1, cpus=1 (necessary to boot), IGPEnabler=Yes/No, IGProfileID=01660009/01660003, GraphicsEnabler=Yes/No) but now I ran out of options. I just can't get graphics to work. I have both the Intel HD 3000 and the AMD Radeon HD6770M. But the Radeon card is disabled in the bios.
Any ideas on how to get this thing to work?

Thanks,

Kevin

Laptop specs:
HP Pavilion dv6-6b41ed
Intel Core i7-2670QM
8GB ddr3 1333mhz RAM
Intel HD3000 + AMD Radeon HD 6770M 2GB (disabled at the moment)
1920x1080 Anti-Glare display

No sense in using HD4000 flags with HD3000...

You will need to patch DSDT...

Patches from here: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "HD3000 High Resolution"

Place it at /Extra/DSDT.aml on the USB and same place in your HDD install.

Disable Radeon in BIOS.

Assuming Unibeast4, boot with flags:
dart=0 cpus=1 -v IGPEnabler=No

After installing, you'll need to install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon.

See here for starting with Multibeast: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-haswell-laptops.html

Thank you so much!
It didn't take me too long to find out how MaciASL works, but I was able to patch my DSDT, with success. I am installing OS X at the moment, once it has finished I will install KernelPatcher, and hope it works.

After installing, you'll need to install the KernelPatcher module from Chameleon.

Well, when I do this, I run into a problem. With the kernel patcher module, my ethernet connections just dies. It says 'No cable connected', but I do have a cable in my laptop. Without the module, ethernet works just fine, but then I am required to boot with cpus=1. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Well, when I do this, I run into a problem. With the kernel patcher module, my ethernet connections just dies. It says 'No cable connected', but I do have a cable in my laptop. Without the module, ethernet works just fine, but then I am required to boot with cpus=1. Is there a way to fix this problem?

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

Ethernet: What Ethernet chipset do you have? Use DPCIManager->PCIList to find out.

I have the 'Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller', according to DPCIManager. I have already tried both the 'Realtek RTL81xx' and 'Realtek RTL81111' options from multibeast, as well as the bootflag 'EthernetBuiltIn=Yes'. All of those options without success...

I have the 'Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller', according to DPCIManager. I have already tried both the 'Realtek RTL81xx' and 'Realtek RTL81111' options from multibeast, as well as the bootflag 'EthernetBuiltIn=Yes'. All of those options without success...

Installing multiple drivers for the same device is a bad idea. Install only one.

The best driver for your device is from here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287161-new-driver-for-realtek-rtl8111/

Remove any others you may have installed before installing that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back