Contribute
Register

HP OMEN 15-5113dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear RehabMan, it's me again :)

I have successfully fresh installed Mojave 10.14 on this laptop too. Everything works so far except 2 problems that I am facing. They are all included in a video I am uploading and I need your help.

1. Laggy boot screen: the problem is exactly the same as this post.
Haswell (and Broadwell) lags/pauses/unresponsiveness shortly after boot (and after wake from sleep)

Shortly after login (and somewhat prior to login), the mouse and/or graphics may seem unresponsive. This usually clears up after about 20 seconds. The same effect is observed after wake from sleep.

May be related to SMBIOS changes, as similar effects were observed when using MacBookPro11,2 with previous versions of OS X/macOS. But now the problem appears also with MacBookAir6,2 and MacBookPro11,1.

The solution appears to be removing unused connectors from the ig-platform data in the framebuffer kext:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-in-10-12-sierra.202316/page-94#post-1485104

Note: In some cases, this is issue from 10.12 is already fixed in 10.13. YMMV.

I have tried both 11,1 and 11,2, still the same. And have also applied the patch for the solution above as you can check my file. But the laggy still happens at boot (please check my video also)

2. Graphics glitches: please see the video for better details, especially with Chrome and Clover Configurator, happens to both light and dark theme. I think I experienced this problem before on 10.13, but as I could not remember how did I got it fix. Anyway since I am using WhateverGreen+Lilu now, it may be different.

Please take a look at my files and my video and hope you can help me fix these. Thank you very much

If framebuffer@2 is not used, try patching to remove it.

If framebuffer@2 is not used, try patching to remove it.
I thought the patch by you that I am using already included the disabling of framebuffer@2. (0x0a260006 disable 0204 port, change 0105 DP port to 0204 HDMI)
So can you please show me the easiest way to do it? Is there a patch available so I can just add it to config.plist
By the way I have noticed my framebuffer@1 is shown as DP too (just like my Razer laptop). But by removing FakePCIID_HDMI... I was be able to have sound and it recognizes as HDMI in Sound/Output. Do I still have to re-patch framebuffer@1? And if so, can you show me how to do it also?
Thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 6.47.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-30 at 6.47.36 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • debug_24707.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 70
I thought the patch by you that I am using already included the disabling of framebuffer@2. (0x0a260006 disable 0204 port, change 0105 DP port to 0204 HDMI)
So can you please show me the easiest way to do it? Is there a patch available so I can just add it to config.plist
By the way I have noticed my framebuffer@1 is shown as DP too (just like my Razer laptop). But by removing FakePCIID_HDMI... I was be able to have sound and it recognizes as HDMI in Sound/Output. Do I still have to re-patch framebuffer@1? And if so, can you show me how to do it also?
Thank you

Framebuffer patching in Mojave is done with WhateverGreen properties, not KextsToPatch.

Framebuffer patching in Mojave is done with WhateverGreen properties, not KextsToPatch.
Using WhateverGreen guide as I did to my Razer laptop, I was be able to move framebuffer@2 here, and same thing as we have discussed, framebuffer@1 shows 0008 and then change to 0004 when I plug in but audio/output is still HDMI. I also be able to boot with HDMI plugged in and I have removed all the kextstopatch since they are all in Devices/Properties (please have a look to see if I have patched it correctly if you don't mind).

Now the laggy at boot problem is gone, thankfully. But I am still having the graphics glitches problem (demonstrate in the video) which is very annoying. Can you take a look and show me how to fix it? Thank you

Attachments

• debug_25452.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 48
Using WhateverGreen guide as I did to my Razer laptop, I was be able to move framebuffer@2 here, and same thing as we have discussed, framebuffer@1 shows 0008 and then change to 0004 when I plug in but audio/output is still HDMI. I also be able to boot with HDMI plugged in and I have removed all the kextstopatch since they are all in Devices/Properties (please have a look to see if I have patched it correctly if you don't mind).

Now the laggy at boot problem is gone, thankfully. But I am still having the graphics glitches problem (demonstrate in the video) which is very annoying. Can you take a look and show me how to fix it? Thank you

No need for all those SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You should be patching only DSDT. Renames are done with config.plist.

Your profile is inaccurate as it shows KabyLake laptop, but the files you uploaded show Haswell.

Some of your patches look like nonsense, nothing to do with connectors. (patch0-find/replace, patch1-find/replace)
Don't change unifiedmem.

Also another strange thing happened. As I removed framebuffer@2, HDMI audio is gone too. I have tried various patch but no luck, only as soon as I re-enable framebuffer@2, I get HDMI audio (both hot plug HDMI and boot with HDMI plugged). Very strange. But if I leave @2 on I get the laggy login again. Can you help me on this also? The debug is when I boot with HDMI, nothing show on @2, but I have HDMI audio devices and sound.

Attachments

• debug_6047_boot_with_HDMI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 60
Also another strange thing happened. As I removed framebuffer@2, HDMI audio is gone too. I have tried various patch but no luck, only as soon as I re-enable framebuffer@2, I get HDMI audio (both hot plug HDMI and boot with HDMI plugged). Very strange. But if I leave @2 on I get the laggy login again. Can you help me on this also? The debug is when I boot with HDMI, nothing show on @2, but I have HDMI audio devices and sound.

Try reducing the connector count such that it includes only two connectors (instead of nullifying an unused connector)

Try reducing the connector count such that it includes only two connectors (instead of nullifying an unused connector)
Can you please show me how to do it? are they framebuffer-portcount 2 and framebuffer-pipecount 2? And what do I set for framebuffer-con2-xxx?
UPDATE: as I hot plug HDMI, I have sound as HDMI, even with @2 removed. But as I boot with HDMI plugged, I have to enable @2 to get sound. Very strange. The debug is when I hot plug HDMI.
No need for all those SSDTs in ACPI/patched. You should be patching only DSDT. Renames are done with config.plist.
I tried to remove them, uncheck Drop OEM, but the glitches still happens and worse, I cannot disable discrete graphics. (I call _OFF in SSDT8.aml, but as I put only SSDT8 there, it won't work, so I have to add all of them back and SortedOrder, then I can disable discrete graphics, is there a way to do it without SSDTs?
Your profile is inaccurate as it shows KabyLake laptop, but the files you uploaded show Haswell.
How do I set my profile for more than one laptop? I am having 2 now, one Razer Kaby Lake and this Haswell HP
Some of your patches look like nonsense, nothing to do with connectors. (patch0-find/replace, patch1-find/replace)
Don't change unifiedmem.
As I removed those patches (0,1) I got an instant reboot. So I don't know what is going on here, I add them back and I am be able to boot.
Please help

Attachments

• debug_6047_boot_with_HDMI.zip
    9.3 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Can you please show me how to do it? are they framebuffer-portcount 2 and framebuffer-pipecount 2? And what do I set for framebuffer-con2-xxx?
UPDATE: as I hot plug HDMI, I have sound as HDMI, even with @2 removed. But as I boot with HDMI plugged, I have to enable @2 to get sound. Very strange. The debug is when I hot plug HDMI.

I tried to remove them, uncheck Drop OEM, but the glitches still happens and worse, I cannot disable discrete graphics. (I call _OFF in SSDT8.aml, but as I put only SSDT8 there, it won't work, so I have to add all of them back and SortedOrder, then I can disable discrete graphics, is there a way to do it without SSDTs?

How do I set my profile for more than one laptop? I am having 2 now, one Razer Kaby Lake and this Haswell HP

As I removed those patches (0,1) I got an instant reboot. So I don't know what is going on here, I add them back and I am be able to boot.
Please help

You should be using MacBookPro11,1.
Your profile is still not fixed. Change it to reflect the laptop you're asking questions about. Add second laptop to signature if you wish.

Keep in mind if you remove patch0/patch1, patch2 will be ignored. All framebuffer-patchX must begin with X=0.

The reason you have trouble with SSDTs and AutoMerge is because your SSDTs have the wrong names. Delete all files from ACPI/origin, and redump (with F4). You will then find correct names for each SSDT in ACPI/origin. Only include the SSDTs in ACPI/patched that actually need patching (should be only those related to Nvidia disable).

You should be using MacBookPro11,1.
Your profile is still not fixed. Change it to reflect the laptop you're asking questions about. Add second laptop to signature if you wish.

Keep in mind if you remove patch0/patch1, patch2 will be ignored. All framebuffer-patchX must begin with X=0.

The reason you have trouble with SSDTs and AutoMerge is because your SSDTs have the wrong names. Delete all files from ACPI/origin, and redump (with F4). You will then find correct names for each SSDT in ACPI/origin. Only include the SSDTs in ACPI/patched that actually need patching (should be only those related to Nvidia disable).
So I have made the changes
- Changed SMBIOS to MacBookPro11,1
- Turn out I only need SSDT-7 and SSDT-8 to disable NVIDIA, so I only place those two in patched and set DropOEM=true and SortedOrder, I got NVIDIA disabled.
- I disabled patch0,patch1,patch2 in Devices/Properties.
- Changed my profile to this laptop.

I still face the same problems.
- Glitchy graphics (with out without HDMI cable)
- No external audio device if boot with HDMI plugged (if I remove framebuffer@2)

I am using pipecount=2, portcount=2 now to disable @2 in my debug file, boot with HDMI plugged and thus no audio devices for external.
Note: when re-enable @2, the laggy problem at boot happens, glitchy graphics happen, but somehow less problematic than when I have @2 removed using pipecount&portcount
I don't have any of these problem when I was on 10.13.6 using CoreDisplayFixup & IntelGraphicsFixup and patched AppleHDA.
Please help.

Attachments

• debug_27083.zip
    9.4 MB · Views: 62
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back