Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI GS65 Stealth 9SG
CPU
i9-9880H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920x1080 + RTX 2080
Dear ReHabMan

This thread is to discuss OSX 10.11.4 on my laptop, what are working and what are not.
So far I what are working:
- Battery (Bat kext install only)
- USB (AllUSBInject kext install only)
- Wifi + BT + Handoff (replaced wifi card DW1560)
- Brightness (DSDT patching only)
- Sound + mic (AppleHDA patch)
- Graphics HD4600 (info said 1536mb)
What I am working on:
- Disable discrete NVIDIA (need your help)
- SSDTs ( I don't know what files are needed to make them work effectively)
- Brightness hotkeys (Need your help too, although Volume hotkeys work)
Please find my attached files below

Hope to get support from you
Thank you

Attachments

• Bao’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.5 MB · Views: 158
  • DSDT.aml
    101 KB · Views: 215
  • Omen15OriginalDSDTSSDT.zip
    119.8 KB · Views: 110
  • config.plist
    5.4 KB · Views: 309
I am really sorry for my lack of knowledge, is there any way that I can have you check them for me? Or show me how to do it effectively? I can let you in my laptop by teamviewer if you can do that
Thank you!

I am really sorry for my lack of knowledge, is there any way that I can have you check them for me? Or show me how to do it effectively? I can let you in my laptop by teamviewer if you can do that
Thank you!

Follow the guides. Most have "Problem Reporting" instructions should you have an issue.

You will need to read carefully.

can you please at least show me how to patch the _OFF for discrete to DSDT or what of my SSDTs ( I have 7 files), that seems the most easiest task. And I think you can also check my ioreg to see if I have power management. I know it takes you time, but please help me, thank you!

can you please at least show me how to patch the _OFF for discrete to DSDT or what of my SSDTs ( I have 7 files), that seems the most easiest task. And I think you can also check my ioreg to see if I have power management. I know it takes you time, but please help me, thank you!

Find the _INI associated with the _OFF (it will be at the same ACPI path). Call _OFF from _INI.

If you have trouble, read guide, post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Problem #1. Your files in Oem15OriginalDSDTSSDT are not disassembled correctly.

Sorry for wasting your time. This is the original files I extracted from Linux. My DSDT I have patched and attached, the SSDTs are non touched. Hope to see support from you soon. Thank you

Attachments

• Omen15_DSDT-SSDT_original.zip
    55.7 KB · Views: 101
Sorry for wasting your time. This is the original files I extracted from Linux. My DSDT I have patched and attached, the SSDTs are non touched. Hope to see support from you soon. Thank you

This is not a Clover extract (there would be one or more dynamic SSDTs).

But...
_OFF is in SSDT-5.dsl, it calls HGOF, which does the real work (with the help of SGPO, etc).

There is no _INI at scope _SB.PCI0.PEG0.PEGP, so just add one after the definition of _OFF:
Code:
Method(_INI) { _OFF() }

Let me try, and do I need to replace all GFX0 to IGPU in SSDT-5? And is there any files else that are needed to put in Clover folder?
And just curious, after insert the code, how do I test if it is disabled or not?
Thank you

And I cannot compile that file, it keeps showing error of the } , as long as I delete it another error shows up. Please help me on that

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 10.48.17 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 10.48.17 PM.png
    420.6 KB · Views: 242
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back