Contribute
Register

HP OMEN 15-5113dx

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did as you said, but both problems persist (glitch graphics & no external sound if booted with HDMI plugged). Please help.
P/S: in the worst case, does IntelGraphicsFixup & Shiki still work on 10.14? I can try using them instead of WhateverGreen, because I never had a glitchy graphics problem on 10.13 with those kext. Thank you.

Isn't framebuffer-con1 already 0105? Why are you patching it with same data?
Do you actually need the patch for con1-flags and con1-pipe?
Do you really need them?
BTW, current version of WhateverGreen is 1.2.3. For some reason, you have 1.2.2.

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext may work with 10.14 with -lilubetall kernel flag. Don't know for sure, as I've transitioned everything here to WhateverGreen. I never used Shiki in the past.

Isn't framebuffer-con1 already 0105? Why are you patching it with same data?
Do you actually need the patch for con1-flags and con1-pipe?
Do you really need them?
BTW, current version of WhateverGreen is 1.2.3. For some reason, you have 1.2.2.

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext may work with 10.14 with -lilubetall kernel flag. Don't know for sure, as I've transitioned everything here to WhateverGreen. I never used Shiki in the past.
UPDATE: by updating WhateverGreen to 1.2.3 now graphics glitch is complete gone. I am so satisfied with this since it is very annoying. Now I am left with HDMI audio.
Turn out I do need the patch for pipe 12 or HDMI doesn't work. The rest of the patches for con1 I have disabled.
Still, with con2-alldata, I still cannot have external audio when boot with HDMI plugged, unless I remove all the patch for con2 and as a result, get the 20 secs lag login issue, but I have external audio.
P/S: Now I am facing another problem. Either hot plug HDMI or leave @2 as is and boot with HDMI plugged, I have external sound as HDMI, but the sound is super laggy with a delay and unwanted noise. I haven't really pay attention to it until now.
I am attaching 3 files, one is when I hot plug HDMI and have buggy external sound. One is when I boot with HDMI plugged and leave @2 as is and have external buggy sound. One is when I patch @2 alldata and have no external sound. Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

UPDATE: by updating WhateverGreen to 1.2.3 now graphics glitch is complete gone. I am so satisfied with this since it is very annoying. Now I am left with HDMI audio.
Turn out I do need the patch for pipe 12 or HDMI doesn't work. The rest of the patches for con1 I have disabled.
Still, with con2-alldata, I still cannot have external audio when boot with HDMI plugged, unless I remove all the patch for con2 and as a result, get the 20 secs lag login issue, but I have external audio.
P/S: Now I am facing another problem. Either hot plug HDMI or leave @2 as is and boot with HDMI plugged, I have external sound as HDMI, but the sound is super laggy with a delay and unwanted noise. I haven't really pay attention to it until now.
I am attaching 3 files, one is when I hot plug HDMI and have buggy external sound. One is when I boot with HDMI plugged and leave @2 as is and have external buggy sound. One is when I patch @2 alldata and have no external sound. Please help. Thank you.

Probably best to hotplug HDMI always. Then focus on the things you want to fix in that scenario. Problems with booting with HDMI attached are not uncommon.

Probably best to hotplug HDMI always. Then focus on the things you want to fix in that scenario. Problems with booting with HDMI attached are not uncommon.
Sure, let's start from hot-plug. I remember when I was on 10.13 I used AppleHDA patcher by Mirone (my codec is ALC282) and got audio working perfectly, with HDMI hot plug and boot with HDMI also. So I changed to patching AppleHDA and got internal audio working. But now as I hot-plug HDMI, I don't have any external audio device. Can you help on what am I missing here? I have checked everything in your guide post and nothing seems to be wrong. It doesn't work with out without FakePCIID....HDMI...kext.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/
Please check my file and help. Or should I go back to AppleALC? Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_24901_hot_plug.zip
    12.5 MB · Views: 56
Sure, let's start from hot-plug. I remember when I was on 10.13 I used AppleHDA patcher by Mirone (my codec is ALC282) and got audio working perfectly, with HDMI hot plug and boot with HDMI also. So I changed to patching AppleHDA and got internal audio working. But now as I hot-plug HDMI, I don't have any external audio device. Can you help on what am I missing here? I have checked everything in your guide post and nothing seems to be wrong. It doesn't work with out without FakePCIID....HDMI...kext.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-sandy-ivy-haswell-broadwell-skylake.189495/
Please check my file and help. Or should I go back to AppleALC? Thank you.

Your HDAU is 0x0c0c, which is not natively supported. Requires FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.

Your HDAU is 0x0c0c, which is not natively supported. Requires FakePCIID.kext+FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
I believe I have implemented FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext correctly, and I still don't have external audio device when hot plug. Please check my files. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_28511_hot_plug_FakePCIID_HDMI.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 56
I believe I have implemented FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext correctly, and I still don't have external audio device when hot plug. Please check my files. Thank you.

You forgot to inject "hda-gfx"="onboard-1" on HDAU.
You have it disabled in Devices/Properties/PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x03,0)

Sorry for the mistake, I have enabled them. But I still have no external audio on hot-plug after they are enabled. Please help. Thank you.

Attachments

• debug_28327_hot_plug.zip
    12.6 MB · Views: 61
Sorry for the mistake, I have enabled them. But I still have no external audio on hot-plug after they are enabled. Please help. Thank you.

You're missing the NUL terminator on HDAU "hda-gfx". Compare the data you have for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) to PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x03,0). I think it is a problem originating in guide plists.

You're missing the NUL terminator on HDAU "hda-gfx". Compare the data you have for PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x02,0) to PciRoot(0)/Pci(0x03,0). I think it is a problem originating in guide plists.
Sorry for my knowledge but can you please show me how do I fix it correctly? Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back