Contribute
Register

Hp 4540s for hackintosh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? To see if the card is still working or if the button dose something? (like i said the button is like this since start... even when the Wi-Fi worked). Thanks!

Yes. You have to determine whether it is a hardware problem or a software problem.

It is standard troubleshooting procedure. Creating an Ubuntu USB is easy.

The LED on the button never reflects the true state of the device in OS X.

Assuming your WiFi card is compatible with Ubuntu, run Ubuntu from USB. Otherwise, install Windows.

You can't afford to be lazy when troubleshooting.

Not being lazy, trying to understand what am I doing :) thanks.

Yes. You have to determine whether it is a hardware problem or a software problem.

It is standard troubleshooting procedure. Creating an Ubuntu USB is easy.

The LED on the button never reflects the true state of the device in OS X.

Will do it as soon as I get electricity back... on a power break atm :|

I made the Ubuntu USB Drive using the Universal USB Installer from pendrivelinux.com, downloaded the Ubuntu desktop ISO(made the USB drive with it)... but how can i select the USB drive to boot from? The actual boot loader doesn't allow me to select anything.

I made the Ubuntu USB Drive using the Universal USB Installer from pendrivelinux.com, downloaded the Ubuntu desktop ISO(made the USB drive with it)... but how can i select the USB drive to boot from? The actual boot loader doesn't allow me to select anything.

Just like booting from any USB... Esc+F9 at BIOS.

Just like booting from any USB... Esc+F9 at BIOS.
Thanks, in Ubuntu is working like a charm. So it is something related to the software.

And something weird just happened... when i restart the Hackintosh it works... how is that possible? Simple restarted after testing it on Linux from the stick and my Wi-Fi icon on the menu bar was full strength.

Regards,
Cipri

Thanks, in Ubuntu is working like a charm. So it is something related to the software.

And something weird just happened... when i restart the Hackintosh it works... how is that possible? Simple restarted after testing it on Linux from the stick and my Wi-Fi icon on the menu bar was full strength.

Regards,
Cipri

You managed to enable power to the card. Clearly nothing wrong with the software side...

Hi there guys, my hackintosh it's stuck in a restart loop. I updated the software today, the auto update option, all OK, it restarted after that... then the mac logo and progress bar appears, then a black screen with a cursor ( i can move it) and in 2-3 sec goes back to hp logo, bios and keep staying in that loop.

Any advice here how i can make it boot in the OS? Thanks a lot guys for all your support so far.

Hi there guys, my hackintosh it's stuck in a restart loop. I updated the software today, the auto update option, all OK, it restarted after that... then the mac logo and progress bar appears, then a black screen with a cursor ( i can move it) and in 2-3 sec goes back to hp logo, bios and keep staying in that loop.

Any advice here how i can make it boot in the OS? Thanks a lot guys for all your support so far.

Create Clover USB. Boot with USB. Use the latest ProBook Installer to update your components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back