Contribute
Register

How to switch from Chameleon to Clover after install?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
Intel® Core™ i5-4670K Processor
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I currently have both OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 installed on two separate HDD's and am able to boot between both of them with Chameleon. However, I would like to switch over to Clover, but I have no idea how to do this. Can someone give me a description of how to do this, or even just where to begin looking? Thanks!

I'm still trying to perfect the dual boot myself. For some reason clover doesn't see windows volume. It's a minor annoyance but i can still boot the windows volume via logging into BIOS boot selector and choosing windows volume, to bypass clover. Other then that the transition went pretty smooth. I'm also unable to get clover to boot in UEFI mode from hard drive, although which is strange, the carbon copy of boot loader on a USB flash drive will boot from UEFI mode, and that boot also CAN see windows volume. I used USB flash drive as a test environment for switch btw. I recommend doing same. build a working clover bootloader on a flash drive (it doesn't even need to have any other files on it, it's literally JUSt boot loader, no OS X. make sure flash drive is first boot option in BIOS, and if clover on that flash drive is working and gets you to your OS X desktop. from there, migrate that boot loader to hard drive to replace chameleon/chimera. Maybe you won't have the UEFI boot issues from HDD like I do. I know UEFI boot requires a FAT32 partition, I have a FAT32 EFI, that's not issue, in fact the most interesting thing about it is, I CAN UEFI boot off EFI partition if I go into bios, and do a boot override to it. However, if I do a normal boot, it doesn't find it at all and skips over it. Still works 100% from the non UEFI boot of clover though, minus the non UEFI one not being able to see windows volume.

So long story short. it's pretty easy to convert. getting it 100% may take a little work :)

I agree. I didn't have any problems. I did load Clover onto a USB stick to make sure it wasn't going to break anything. It didn't.

I just ran the installer and everything worked.

I also have Messages working which is nice.

I agree. I didn't have any problems. I did load Clover onto a USB stick to make sure it wasn't going to break anything. It didn't.

I just ran the installer and everything worked.

I also have Messages working which is nice.

Hi 1st time trying to make a hackintosh

so you were already on yosemite when you switched to clover right?

reason i ask is becasue i was finally able to install yosemite with everything working except apple services (Imessages facetime app store ) and trying to reinstall yosemite with clover is a pain

i want to just install yosemite the way it worked first Then switch bootloaders. is that possible??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back