Contribute
Register

How to show Z77 correctly in system profiler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this kext plist edit only address a cosmetic issue or does it change the way the kext behaves (i.e., performance wise)?

Just cosmetic

It adds a new IOKit Personality, which is just a means by which hardware can be matched to a driver (https://developer.apple.com/library...tual/IOKitFundamentals/Matching/Matching.html) . It doesn't replace anything within the AppleAHCIPort kernel extension, which is why i like this type of modification. It leaves the standard Apple kernel extensions alone. Also, when Apple updates these extensions in a future update (like 10.8.1), you won't have to repatch anything.

If you're using a DSDT, you can also inject the correct device id in the DSDT and not need any kernel extension changes.

Can you give more details please ? I'm interested with this solution :)

Just wait for 10.8.3. You won't need this injection kext at that point.

Install MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2.0 Update. It adds chipset support, and will show up correctly in system profiler. You will need to change you SMBIOS to MacBookPro10,1 to install, then change it back to what you had.

Install MacBook Air and MacBook Pro 2.0 Update. It adds chipset support, and will show up correctly in system profiler. You will need to change you SMBIOS to MacBookPro10,1 to install, then change it back to what you had.

Or just wait for 10.8.3. The beta builds have been coming quickly which means they're close to final release. In fact, the last beta build had the release notes in the installer which is usually as sign of imminent release.

Or just wait for 10.8.3. The beta builds have been coming quickly which means they're close to final release. In fact, the last beta build had the release notes in the installer which is usually as sign of imminent release.

why wait when you can do it now????? it's not an injection, it's native support for the chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back