Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.7 > 0.8.8 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had pretty much the same selections as you as well as different combinations of them but had no luck - even after deleting the .contentVisibilty file. Just glad I was able to use a backup.
Yes, ScanPolicy is a bit of a black art. ;) I wanted to warn you to be cautious when trying, but I was in a rush yesterday. Luckily, you sorted it out! :thumbup:

I've put side by side OCC's ScanPolicy local menu (French on the left, English on the right), it doesn't even have the same labels!!! :eek:
Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 00.15.47.png

Who knows if other languages are affected...

@Nodarkthings
It certainly seems like a pretty serious issue. Changing some predefined values when changing the app language.

In the English miscController.strings file, the string OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_ATAPI has ObjectID = "nmh-33-tbM"

C-like:
/* Class = "NSButtonCell"; title = " OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_ATAPI"; ObjectID = "nmh-33-tbM"; */
"nmh-33-tbM.title" = " OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_ATAPI";

But in the french file, it has ObjectID = "i2m-65-2vq" while ObjectID = "nmh-33-tbM" doesn't match OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_ATAPI but OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_FIREWIRE.

C-like:
/* Class = "NSButtonCell"; title = "OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_FIREWIRE"; ObjectID = "nmh-33-tbM"; */
"nmh-33-tbM.title" = "OC_SCAN_ALLOW_DEVICE_FIREWIRE";

I think that these ObjectID must match between languages but I'm not sure.

I haven't checked more strings but there may be more errors in the ScanPolicy list.

Perhaps this mismatch is the cause of this unwanted behavior.

@Nodarkthings
This is important enough to discuss with the author, mackie100. There is a site where you can comment on OCC issues.

Since you have thought about it, it is logical that you tell mackie100 about it. I'm sure he fixes it so that all languages match.

I had pretty much the same selections as you as well as different combinations of them but had no luck - even after deleting the .contentVisibilty file. Just glad I was able to use a backup.
Well, it doesn't seem normal. Something else you had (inadvertently) changed besides the .contentVisibility file on that EFI that won't boot. Because I can't think of any other explanation.

@Nodarkthings
This is important enough to discuss with the author, mackie100. There is a site where you can comment on OCC issues.

Since you have thought about it, it is logical that you tell mackie100 about it. I'm sure he fixes it so that all languages match.
I usually do these things for software that I use, but currently I don't have much time and I don't use OCC, so if on your side you have more time and want to warn mackie100, feel free to use my screen captures if needed. Thanks. :thumbup:

I was happy to change my EFI/OC/config.plist/Misc/ScanPolicy Value from 0 to 2687747. Finally, that EFI icon (in Open Canopy) has disappeared. I could never understand why it was even there. It was like an "available virgin;" there to look at but nothing could be done with it.

@wstrohm
I think the gone EFI was from Windows, ScanPolicy 2687747 doesn't include Windows without a custom entry and so its EFI has gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back