Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.8.2 > 0.8.3 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your mobo is capable of native NVRAM but you can't make it to work or if your mobo can't have native NVRAM and needs emulated NVRAM:
  • get OpenCore 0.8.3
done
  • add OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi driver into Drivers folder and config.plist
  • OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi must be before OpenRuntime.efi driver
  • both OpenVariableRuntimeDxe.efi and OpenRuntimeDxe.efi must have LoadEarly=True
    (I see you have already done this in your config.plist)
done (like in the config.plist I've uploaded)
  • copy Utilities/LogoutHook/Launch.command and Launchd.command.plist files to a folder anywhere in your disk (e.g. LogoutHook folder in your home folder)
  • open Terminal and cd to that folder
  • run ./Launchd.command install
I've got this error
Code:
Saving initial nvram.plist…
nvram: Error getting variable - '4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-path': (iokit/common) data was not found
Fatal error: Missing or invalid 4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-path value!

@oli.mathieu
Ok, try this (as proposed by Mike Beaton in the OpenCore bug tracker relative to another error):
  • download LogoutHook.command.zip >> extract LogoutHook.command
  • copy LogoutHook.command into Utilities/LogoutHook folder, next to Launch.command
  • copy also nvramdump from the OpenCore LogoutHook directory into the same folder
  • your Utilities/LogoutHook local folder must be filled with: Launch.command, Launchd.command.plist, LogoutHook.command and nvramdump
  • cd to that folder
  • run ./LogoutHook.command install
  • reboot and do ResetNVRAM.
What do you get?

EDIT: also change Misc >> Security >> ExposeSensitiveData to 7.

Attachments

• LogoutHook.command.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
EDIT: also change Misc >> Security >> ExposeSensitiveData to 7.
good catch : I had 6. With 7 the regular Launchd.command is working
Code:
Saving initial nvram.plist…
Found boot device at /dev/disk1s1
Executing: /usr/bin/kmutil load -p /System/Library/Extensions/msdosfs.kext
Successfully mounted at /Volumes/4D1FDA02-38C7-4A6A-9CC6-4BCCA8B30102:boot-node
Copied nvram.fallback
Saved nvram.plist
Installed.
EDIT
It seems I now have the Emulated NVRAM. i've just boot Windows 11 via System Prefs ➧ Startup Disk ➧ Reboot :thumbup:
But I still have work to do because In Windows ➧ BootCamp utility ➧ Reboot MacOS doesn't work
is this normal ?

Last edited:
@oli.mathieu
I don't have BootCamp since a long time ago but I remember that reboot to macOS from Windows BootCamp Control Panel didn't work ever. Maybe it has nothing to do with NVRAM.
nvram -p command in Terminal outputs NVRAM variables?
If you write in Terminal sudo nvram test=me, reboot and again in Terminal nvram -p, do you see test me in the list of NVRAM variables?

@oli.mathieu
I don't have BootCamp since a long time ago but I remember that reboot to macOS from Windows BootCamp Control Panel didn't work ever. Maybe it has nothing to do with NVRAM.
nvram -p command in Terminal outputs NVRAM variables?
Yes
If you write in Terminal sudo nvram test=me, reboot and again in Terminal nvram -p, do you see test me in the list of NVRAM variables?
unfortunately No

I 'll try again

@oli.mathieu
Ok, try this (as proposed by Mike Beaton in the OpenCore bug tracker relative to another error):
  • download LogoutHook.command.zip >> extract LogoutHook.command
  • copy LogoutHook.command into Utilities/LogoutHook folder, next to Launch.command
  • copy also nvramdump from the OpenCore LogoutHook directory into the same folder
  • your Utilities/LogoutHook local folder must be filled with: Launch.command, Launchd.command.plist, LogoutHook.command and nvramdump
  • cd to that folder
  • run ./LogoutHook.command install
  • reboot and do ResetNVRAM.
What do you get?
System Prefs ➧ Startup Disk ➧ Reboot work properly (multiple tests)
it fails though from Ventura .... not important for me now

Many thanks

@oli.mathieu
Ok. Do ResetNVRAM at boot (or sudo nvram -c on macOS and reboot).
Copy here the output of nvram -p. Some variables can have long text, you can cut the long texts, I want to see the variables in the output.

@oli.mathieu
Ok. Do ResetNVRAM at boot (or sudo nvram -c on macOS and reboot).
Copy here the output of nvram -p. Some variables can have long text, you can cut the long texts, I want to see the variables in the output.
here it is
Code:
bluetoothInternalControllerInfo    %00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00%00
prev-lang:kbd    fr:1%00
preferred-count    10
SystemAudioVolume    F
run-efi-updater    No%00
bluetoothExternalDongleFailed    %00
csr-active-config    %00%00%00%00
boot-args    agdpmod=pikera npci=0x2000
ForceDisplayRotationInEFI    %00%00%00%00
EDIT
sudo nvram test=me, reboot and again in Terminal nvram -p, I don't you see test me in the list of NVRAM variables

Finally I think it's not working :confused:

Last edited:
@oli.mathieu
Despite the fail saving your own custom variable, I think it’s working because you have created nvram variables after boot. If nvram -p outputs the same after a reboot (without ResetNVRAM) you have emulated NVRAM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back