Contribute
Register

[HOW TO] OpenCore 0.7.3 > 0.7.4 differences

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ci2own
I can’t look at your efi (I’m not at home) but do you have downloaded the Resources folder from Acidanthera and replaced your current Resources folder with it?
Yes i put it in the right folder (i guess):

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-27 a las 14.42.19.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-27 a las 14.43.50.png

Try setting PickerVariant to Auto.
I changed to PickerVariant = Auto and the same. Only text mode during boot.

While updating to 0.7.4 did you also update OpenCanopy.efi?
I updated from 0.6.9 but checked the differences between SampleCustom.plist and my config.plist, added missing entries and deleted not used ones.

Followed the guide to update:

But how could i check if everything is ok?

I had to clear NVRAM to make system recognize OC 0.7.4.

I updated from 0.6.9 but checked the differences between SampleCustom.plist and my config.plist, added missing entries and deleted not used ones.

Followed the guide to update:

But how could i check if everything is ok?

I had to clear NVRAM to make system recognize OC 0.7.4.
Screenshot 2021-10-27 at 15.14.03.png

OpenCanopy is disabled in your config.plist.

Set it to True.

Using a Sandisk 16 GB USB flash drive to try and update a Skylake computer (my
Mini-ITX 2 computer below) to OC 0.7.5. Zero luck seeing anything but a message on the AMI display "OC: failed to load configuration!" I have my "Mini-ITX 4" (at left and below), my "Mini-ITX 1," and my "Mini-ITX 3" all working on OC 0.7.5 but for some reason the Skylake which worked fine on OC 0.6.9 will not boot from 0.7.5 on my flash drive.

Any advice? The Skylake has an i7-6700 CPU on a Gigabyte H170N WIFI mono, 16 GB RAM, and was running Big Sur version 11.6. Should I try 0.7.4 instead?

Using a Sandisk 16 GB USB flash drive to try and update a Skylake computer (my
Mini-ITX 2 computer below) to OC 0.7.5. Zero luck seeing anything but a message on the AMI display "OC: failed to load configuration!" I have my "Mini-ITX 4" (at left and below), my "Mini-ITX 1," and my "Mini-ITX 3" all working on OC 0.7.5 but for some reason the Skylake which worked fine on OC 0.6.9 will not boot from 0.7.5 on my flash drive.

Any advice? The Skylake has an i7-6700 CPU on a Gigabyte H170N WIFI mono, 16 GB RAM, and was running Big Sur version 11.6. Should I try 0.7.4 instead?
What SMBIOS do you have it set up for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back