Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

How do I get this to work with a PS2 keyboard? I installed the OS already. I'm about to start the post installation, my mouse lets me write a few letters and the terminal stuff I'll copy paste from texts on my usb. But how do I actually get the keyboard to work in the end? Or does it HAVE to be a USB keyboard?

Thank you in advance.
In MultiBeast is a driver for PS/2 keyboard/mouse. Try installing it.

First of all, thanks to all that have contributed information here; it was invaluable in helping me bring up my first Clover-based hack! I've had a Unibeast/Multibeast hack for some time but this was quite the adventure.

Here's an odd situation that maybe will have some Clover gurus scratching their head. After I finished installing Clover and Yosemite on my new Hack, I was able to get just about everything working properly, and the list was quite ambitious for a Clover newb: Nvidia GTX 970, Realtek 1150 audio, iCloud/iMessage/App Store, all working well. The only miss then was the playback of protected content from iTunes. From the information I've read in other posts that one cannot be resolved by the latest Intel chipset/CPU hackintosh enthusiast yet.

At this point I thought everything was done, but this morning the hack refused to boot (the loading progress bar makes the best, if infuriating, dichotomy paradox impression I've seen). When booting in verbose mode I saw the dreaded "Waiting for DSMOS" that I thought I had left behind in my early iBoot days. I remembered that the error would manifest if FakeSMC was not loaded, but after I logged on in single user mode and examined the EFI partition I was able to confirm that FakeSMC was in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10.

I was able to kextload the module manually from single user mode (after copying it to a more appropriate volume ... my EFI partition is formatted as FAT, thereby lacking proper permissions/ownership), so I knew the module had not been corrupted. I then copied the module into /S/L/E and rebooted. I made it to the desktop then! But I noticed network and audio were down.

At that point I began to suspect Clover was not injecting kexts correctly, despite the messages in "boot.log" indicating they were:

----
6:864 0:003 Preparing kexts injection for arch=x86_64 from EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10
6:864 0:000 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\AppleIntelE1000e.kext
6:867 0:003 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\realtekALC.kext
6:868 0:000 Extra kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext
6:871 0:002 Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\ACPISensors.kext
6:872 0:001 Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\CPUSensors.kext
6:873 0:001 Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\GPUSensors.kext
6:875 0:001 Extra PlugIn kext: EFI\CLOVER\kexts\10.10\FakeSMC.kext\Contents\PlugIns\LPCSensors.kext
6:880 0:004 Removed efi-boot-device-data variable: Not Found
6:880 0:000 Custom boot is disabled
6:880 0:000 Closing log
----

I would later learn from browsing the Clover source code that these are just kext injection prep messages, but not injection itself. Best I could tell there are no log messages or telemetry to indicate the successful injection of kexts (I looked in rEFIt_UEFI and FSInject modules of Clover). Suspecting this was the case I manually added the network adapter kext (AppleIntelE1000e) and Realtek 1150 kext (realtekALC combined with patches to AppleHDA as drawn up by toleda's injection method). After a reboot the network came back, but audio was still a no-go.

Thus, this is where I am. For some reason, despite the seemingly successful messages from Clover, it all of a sudden stopped injecting (and possibly Just-In-Time patching) kexts on my system. As far as audio, the inputs and outputs don't even appear in the Sound System Preferences pane. The audio problem I've been able to work around by connecting a Logitech USB headset I had a while back. The audio may be a while since there isn't a universal solution out there that works for everybody. I apparently got lucky on that.

Can anybody make sense of what I experienced here? Is there further indication of kext injection from Clover than what I've seen? Any elucidation would be much appreciated. My system specs follow:

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK (UEFI version F6)
CPU: Intel 4790K
Memory: AData DDR3 2400 16GB (2x8)
Video: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 GV-N970WF3OC-4GD (using Nvidia alternative drivers)
Bluetooth: IOGear Bluetooth 4.0
System Drive: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB
Data Drive: WD Blue 1TB
Clover: v3128 (started with v3113 ... no difference in behavior)

--- EDIT 18 January 2015 ---
I left some details out of my system specs, particularly regarding to my dual-boot setup that I now believe to be germane to the situation:

Dual boot: Windows 8.1
W8 (Current) Main Drive: WD Blue 1TB
W8 (Future) Main Drive: Crucial M.2 128GB SSD

I've been having some problems with the Crucial 128GB drive disappearing from the system from time to time. Based on articles I read it may have something to do with both its firmware and its inability to tolerate a "spin down" command sent by the OS. Regardless, all of yesterday the M.2 SSD was active and visible, and Clover was having issues. Today I powered up the hack and the M.2 had again disappeared, but now Clover kext injection/JIT patching is working! The audio inputs and outputs appeared again in the Sound System Preferences pane, and they're working just fine.

It's curious that the presence of the M.2 SSD trips up Clover. Anybody else witnessed something similar?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
It works! I used Clover Configurator to modify my config.plist, ticking the "Fast boot" box in the Boot section. It boots directly into Yosemite without showing the Clover screen.

Thanks! :)

when i am selecting default loader fast in boot menu it shows my bios screen page and enter a diffrent loader with blue background and again I need to select the mac partition to boot up .it is not booting directly can you share your config plist settings or guide me what worked for you

I was able to get just about everything working properly, and the list was quite ambitious for a Clover newb: Nvidia GTX 970, Realtek 1150 audio.

Hi,

can you post your config.plist - i have problems with my new Geforce 970. No output.

Thank you

Can anybody make sense of what I experienced here? Is there further indication of kext injection from Clover than what I've seen? Any elucidation would be much appreciated. My system specs follow:
Sure, install kext in S/L/E where they belong... Luck with it...

So I installed Yosemite, internet's fine, HDMI audio works and PS2 keyboard works fine.

I previously used the Nvidia config attached here, and hdmi didn't work out of the box. But after I deselected inject Nvidia and kept only the intel one, HDMI works and then I enabled HDMI audio and that works.

How do I install Nvidia's web drivers and CUDA?
I'm using GTX 760 GIGABYTE.
Thanks in advance

Not perfect to install kext in S/L/E. You're not using a great feature that Clover have. All my kext are in the EFI partition and doing this I don't even need the kext-dev-mode=1 (kext signing verification) boot flag in my config.plist. Using patch on the fly with Clover to enable trim also, so no kext in S/L/E have been modified or added. Vanilla install. Drag and drop kext to : EFI/EFI/Clover/kexts/10.10 and that's it.

Other benefit: I can update my system without having to reinstall my drivers. Have test 10.10.1 to 10.10.2_Beta5 update and update still flawless for Clover users. So up to you if you want to install in S/L/E but I don't see any benefit doing this.
Vanilla install? Wonder where Apple installs it's kext, could it be S/L/E? :lol: Kext injection in Clover is intended to assist you with installation, particularly if you're using the same installer on different hardware. Obviously you haven't read the 100's of post by Clover developers that state to install kext in S/L/E, as well as the many post here on the subject. On Hack's most updates only effect audio, of course if have Clover patch AppleHDA then that's also a non-issue.

Me. This thread put the kext in the EFI. Have you read the first post?
Have you, what is the thread topic? "How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover"... If you read this thread or any other Clover guide you'd clearly see that you only put the necessary kext to install OS X in the Clover installer, not in the HD installation. By all means put them where you like, I only answered a question, matter of fact not yours, with the correct information...

Back