Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

I was wondering the same thing. Was trying to work out how much of a hassle it would be to convert my Multibeast/Chameleon setup to use Clover. (and we have the same Mobo and cpu, I built my hack about a month ago)

I figured it out!! See post #605.

I was wondering the same thing. Was trying to work out how much of a hassle it would be to convert my Multibeast/Chameleon setup to use Clover. (and we have the same Mobo and cpu, I built my hack about a month ago)

I think I just found a more comprehensive explanation on how to install Clover, and I will be trying it too.
Hope this helps you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjMXkB2wMWE

ps: sorry my english

Hi everyone, please anyone can help me? i tried all forms to do it but without sucess, let me list all things that i did.

i followed this guide perfectly , im creating usb drive in virtual machine yosemite 10.10.

my config is :

i5 4670k
gigabyte Z87M-D3H
8 gb kingston hyper x 1600
Geforce gtx 970 g1 gaming ( i've tried with HD graphics 4600 too)

im using clover r3142

so, my config bios :

xHCI Mode - "Auto"
xHCI Hand-off / EHCI Hand-off - ENABLED
OS Type to Other OS - OK
AHCI mode - ON

secure boot mode - disable - OK
Vt-d, my proces with K, this option i cant change.
express generation - Gen3
XPM profile - actived

boot mode - tried two cases - "only legacy" and "UEFI and legacy"

*whats happens is that system load and reboot after,

EDIT: i did it, just used flags : -v and nv_disable=1.

Hi,

I guess I made some kind of mistake when installing clover. After I boot from USB and formatted the hard drive I choose Reinstall OS X and then it wants to verify my computer with Apple. It then says "unable to find installation Information". If I unplug LAN it won't install either, only ask for Internet connection.

What did I do wrong?

Looking for some help...

Been trying to setup Clover on a new drive for a while unsuccessfully

I have a 1TB HDD running Yosemite via Chimera now, operational but no bluetooth and no iMessage/Facetime. I picked up a Toshiba 2TB HDD to install Yosemite via Clover but cant get it to boot.

I go through the install on this site, everything works fine. (I do have to use the boot arg nv_diable=1 to get it installed but not needed once I am booting to the HDD).

I formatted my EFI drive in FAT32, copied over my config.plist and kexkts to my system EFI/Clover file, and reboot.

When I get to my mobo splash screen, there is a UEFI drive named "Mac OS X" listed. This is a new option and wasn't there previously. My HDD is named Yosemite and my old HDD is named Hacintosh HDD2. At no point did I (intentionally?) create/rename any drive named Mac OS x. I assume this is the new UEFI boot drive for Clover.

When I attempt to boot to this drive, a screen flashes for a split second that says something like "boot 1/ boot 5" then disappears and goes to the Chimera bootloader. If I choose the Toshiba drive specifically, it does the same thing. The BIOS has "Mac OS X" set to default boot device and default ROM set to EFI.

What am I missing? How do I boot to the Clover bootloader?

System specs:

ASUS P8Z68V
dual GTX 560Ti
1TB HDD (Chimera)
2TB HDD (Clover)

Im using Backup Disk Utility on windows to make my USB, but I am getting the reinstall os x thing too. Is there any way I can do this without access to a mac?

No you cannot. Windows cannot format the USB correctly, Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It can do HFS but it still wont boot. You have to have access to a mac system or by another hack.

I'm trying to install Yosemite on my computer (Gigabyte GA-EX58 UD3R, Intel Xeon X5650, NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800, 16 GB Kingston RAM, Samsung SSD EVO 840) following this tutorial. After trying it for weeks with Unibeast (which didn't work at all for me) it seemed to work well. I can start the installation but in the end of the installation (before 1st restart) at probably 90% ("less than 1 minute remaining") my computer shuts down and doesn't finish the installation. When I restart it the installation begins again.

- NVIDIA config.plist from first post
- No DSDT (I tried the one for my board from the DSDT database but it freezes before the installation begins).

Can anyone help me here?

Edit: My SSD isn't recognizes anymore. Resetting the BIOS by taking out the small BIOS battery doesn't help. :/

Edit2: Ok, funny thing... My monitor switched off due to power saving "features". :D I retried it with moving my mouse and restartet properly then. :D Sometimes the solution is so trivial. :D

Help!
:banghead:

My system locked up right after I ran the Clover installer pkg.
I wasn't able to configure anything.
I was forced to shutdown the computer.
When I booted back up, the Clover bootloader was now running and when I pick my Mac SSD, it kernel panics on the boot screen.
Does anybody know what I can do to recover, either by finishing the Clover configuration somehow, or restoring the Chimera/Chameleon bootloader?

Please note, I do not have access to another Mac computer but I can boot into my Windows 8.1 SSD drive.

Thanks,
Matt

Back