Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Can someone check my config.plist file?

View attachment 119128

Should I put SSDT.aml into "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/", even if I use the HD4600 as graphics?

I am no expert but have the same mobo as you. Mine worked fine using one of tonymac's config.plists - as you are using integrated graphics, you should use that one. I did not need an ssdt.aml to get mine working. Good luck!

Hi All,

I've followed this guide up to step 3, and I've been using the computer for a couple of months this way without doing the post-install.

Just yesterday, I installed a new graphics card (EVGA GeForce GTX 750) but cannot successfully boot into the OS like I use to be able to. The monitor is connected to the motherboard via an HDMI cable and the graphics card is installed but not connected to a monitor. After switching the computer on, it get to the Clover boot screen, I hit enter to continue booting and then get a black screen with the Apple logo and progress bar. (Up until this point, this was what I was getting before installing the graphics card.) The progress bar goes about a 3rd way along and then the system reboots as opposed to booing all the way into Yosemite.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would like to give a big shout out to Lexone, TonyMac, WildWillow, and many others that have helped out throughout this transition to clover. I have successfully managed to get everything going using the original posts with one exception: When I restart or reboot I get to the santa clause screen of clover and only way to get past it is to click on HFS. The only other option is recovery or the options below (shell, clover, options, about, exit). How do I get this removed so it goes straight into the operating system boot up. I followed the clover boot loader information step by step. However, I am wondering what I need to do to get past this situation.

EDIT****
This is what I get every time I boot the computer:
IMG_0944.JPG

What do I do to have it automatically go to boot screen or is this what I am supposed to have?

Thanks for helping!

Hi all,

I'm stuck trying to boot from the USB. I've tried booting verbose and right after the screen changes to the gray screen I get the pinwheel of death/:beachball:/beach ball and nothing else. I left it in this state to see if it was just slow loading for almost 24 hours.

What I've tried so far:
I've triple checked steps 20-26 and found nothing out of place.
I've have a NVidia 760 graphics card, so I've tried the nvidia config.plist.

I have both USB 3.0 and 2.0 I've tried both, USB is currently in the 2.0 port.
I have 2 SSD drives in this system. 1 has Mavericks on it and is working just fine. The 2nd has nothing on it, but does have 1 partition on it. I'd like to install to this new SSD drive.

I've seen reference to use a nv_disable=1 in the Boot section of the config.plist if your using a Nvidia GTX 760 video card, do I need something like that?

Do I need to remove my other SSD drive for now?

Thanks much!

Tony, I would like to thank you for this AWESOME tutorial! It helped me so much that I was able to install successfully Clover on all my 4 CustoMacs in a few hours. That includes having iMessages and FaceTime working as expected on all 4 machines.

Again, great writeup and thx a million for all your help you provide to this community! Keep up the great job!

For those interested in the configuration of those 4 CustoMacs, please see my profile.

Further to my previous success, I can confirm that I have installed Yosemite using Clover from scratch (previously I installed Clover as UEFI while having Chimera as legacy). I had to do that considering that on both my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 Customacs I have built a Fusion Drive (1.5TB and 3TB respectively). The Clover Yosemite install on the Fusion Drive went without a glitch with one exception: after the set up was complete, I had to delete NetworkConfig.plist and removed all network interfaces from System Preferences in order to recreate them so that App Store, iMessages, iCloud and FaceTime would work.

Given that it was the first time, I have to say that I was quite impressed of the Yosemite installation process via Clover.

I am a happy owner of 2 Yosemite Clover Fusion Drive machines that fly despite that they have the Sandy Bridge CPUs :)

Last small project will be to upgrade the GA-B75M-HD3 machine to Fusion Drive following the same process after I get my hands on a decent SSD :)

The computer boots up with Chameleon first since this machine was a Mavericks Hackingtosh previously using Chimera/Multibeast would that cause issues? Do I need to boot directly with the USB?

I also haven't seen anything saying that if your previous setup was Chimera/Multibeast that you need to change any BIOS options before it will work with Clover. I'm wondering if I need to change "Boot Mode Selection" from Legacy to UEFI? I see this

NOTE: There are a few different ways to setup Clover on the USB. Using Legacy Mode is the simplest and most reliable for 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 Series Gigabyte motherboards with standard default BIOS or UEFI settings.

Since my BIOS on my Series 8 motherboard shows Legacy for "Boot Mode Selection" and according to the quote above that is the simplest, or is that referring to a different setting since default BIOS/UEFI settings makes it sound like the "Boot Mode Selection" should be set to UEFI for Clover, but Legacy for
Chimera/Multibeast?

Hi all,

I'm stuck trying to boot from the USB. I've tried booting verbose and right after the screen changes to the gray screen I get the pinwheel of death/:beachball:/beach ball and nothing else. I left it in this state to see if it was just slow loading for almost 24 hours.

What I've tried so far:
I've triple checked steps 20-26 and found nothing out of place.
I've have a NVidia 760 graphics card, so I've tried the nvidia config.plist.

I have both USB 3.0 and 2.0 I've tried both, USB is currently in the 2.0 port.
I have 2 SSD drives in this system. 1 has Mavericks on it and is working just fine. The 2nd has nothing on it, but does have 1 partition on it. I'd like to install to this new SSD drive.

I've seen reference to use a nv_disable=1 in the Boot section of the config.plist if your using a Nvidia GTX 760 video card, do I need something like that?

Do I need to remove my other SSD drive for now?

Thanks much!

Last edited:
Hey guys I have the same issue asJborn pinwheel of death my specs are 290x asus maximus hero I tried the ati config.plist. no luck.

I would like to give a big shout out to Lexone, TonyMac, WildWillow, and many others that have helped out throughout this transition to clover. I have successfully managed to get everything going using the original posts with one exception: When I restart or reboot I get to the santa clause screen of clover and only way to get past it is to click on HFS. The only other option is recovery or the options below (shell, clover, options, about, exit). How do I get this removed so it goes straight into the operating system boot up. I followed the clover boot loader information step by step. However, I am wondering what I need to do to get past this situation.

EDIT****
This is what I get every time I boot the computer:
View attachment 119574

What do I do to have it automatically go to boot screen or is this what I am supposed to have?

Thanks for helping!

I get the same and would also like to know if there's a way of 'jumping' over this screen. CaptainDucky - did you find a cure?
Thanks

I get the same and would also like to know if there's a way of 'jumping' over this screen. CaptainDucky - did you find a cure?
Thanks

Have not found a cure for this yet. Hoping someone here will be able to shed some needed guidance.

CaptainDucky

Have not found a cure for this yet. Hoping someone here will be able to shed some needed guidance.

CaptainDucky

Mount your EFI partition.

Navigate to /Clover/themes

Delete the christmas folder

Back