Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Hey everyone, I'm in need of some assistance while trying to get Yosemite installed on a separate SSD.

My current setup
Asus Maximus VII Hero LGA1150 Z97 Board
Intel i7-4790K
MSI GTX 970 Gaming Edition

Intel 730 240GB SSD for Windows 8.1 UEFI Installed

PNY Optima 240GB SSD for OS X Yosemite

I am using my Macbook Pro Retina with Yosemite 10.10.1 to make the USB boot disk after downloading the OS X installer

Right now I have all other drives disconnected from the sata ports and PNY Optima is in Sata port 2 of the MB.

I went through the guide in this thread step by step and was able to get Clover to start to install OS X, however, about half though the screen with the Apple logo and installation progress bar at the bottom, it reboots back into the main clover screen.

Any idea what could be the issue here and what steps I can take to get it to actually install? Thanks for any help

So which plist should we choose if im running a gtx 760 on a ga z87x d3h.

Hi!

Someone try to use clover on Fujitsu UH552?

On my PC i've osx without kext and all working 100% but on the notebook after chose the USB (and -v command for see everything) don't work. (all kext on guide are in and configured for bios)

Hi

I followed all the steps in the tutorial, but my USB won't boot
My system is:
cpu: intel i5 4440
mb: asus z87 plus
ram: 2x8gb ddr3 kingston hyperx
video: hd4600

This is the only step i didn't did
"26. (Optional) Navigate to /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and add DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml "
What should i do?

Quick question. Is it possible or practical to install and use Clover as the boot loader Then use MultiBeast to install the drivers?

I want to use Clover so iMessage gets set up correctly. However, I want to use MultiBeast to make sure I get the correct drivers. I'm not really sure what Clover installs.

FYI: this is fresh install on a new system.

After a lot of problems, i managed to finally install yosemite. but i still have a problem: my video card, intel hd 4600 (onboard, mb asus z87 pro) doesn't work properly. in "about this mac" it say 3mb or 7mb ram and i have lag on my mouse cursor

also, a tutorial to install win 7/8 for dual boot? or is not here the place to ask

I had successfully installed Mavericks using Chimera/Multibeast method but was keen to try the Clover method to install Yosemite and (hopefully) get iMessage working and a system that could be updated easily. I realized that a Clover install might not be as simple and so read through most of the posts in this thread before starting. I can only say a huge THANKYOU to tonymac, Lexone and Toleda for their truly excellent guides!

My main issues were:

(1) Following steps 20-26 exactly and using the correct config.plist for my set up - once I used the Nvidia one the install was straightforward - obvious really!

(2) Post-installation I used Lexone's guide to modify my config.plist and then followed tonymac's post-installation guide exactly, placing the new config.plist in the/EFI/EFI/CLOVER directory of my boot disc. I used the "UEFI-capable systems" settings in Clover. It booted first time!

(3) I followed Toleda's Realtek Apple HDA guide to patch the audio. At first attempt his script did not work but then I realized that it needed an internet connection. If worked perfectly once I had plugged the Ethernet cable in!

So thanks to the excellent guides here, I now have a working Clover/Yosemite system with working audio that boots and restarts happily. I have yet to try iMessage but I am truly delighted with how well this has worked so far. Thanks again!

Can someone check my config.plist file?

View attachment config.plist

Should I put SSDT.aml into "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/", even if I use the HD4600 as graphics?

Back