Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

Gotta wonder why people with a 760 choose config.plist-standard...

I'm having the same problem as well. Have a evga geforce 760 and don't know which config list to choose or how to even create one. Really need someone's help using layman's terms. Super noob here :[. Been trying for the past 2 days. Just can't seem to get clover to boot.
Think you need a motherboard to put that 760 in... Read the rules and add specs if you expect help...

Tony, I would like to thank you for this AWESOME tutorial! It helped me so much that I was able to install successfully Clover on all my 4 CustoMacs in a few hours. That includes having iMessages and FaceTime working as expected on all 4 machines.

Again, great writeup and thx a million for all your help you provide to this community! Keep up the great job!

For those interested in the configuration of those 4 CustoMacs, please see my profile.

cacamaca,

Congrats on getting all your installs going! I'm having a heck of time with my GA-Z68XP-UD3. The Yosemite SSD will only boot if the USB Clover stick installed.

I see you have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, probably close enough for my board. Could you please send your config files and other files/info to get my motherboard going? Much appreciated!

John

cacamaca,

Congrats on getting all your installs going! I'm having a heck of time with my GA-Z68XP-UD3. The Yosemite SSD will only boot if the USB Clover stick installed.

I see you have a GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3, probably close enough for my board. Could you please send your config files and other files/info to get my motherboard going? Much appreciated!

John

John, I'll try to help as much as I can. A couple of things: First, I need to clarify that I have installed Clover as UEFI on both GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 boards and the GA-B75M-HD3 one. I have performed a non-UEFI Clover installation as well on my ASUS P5Q motherboard. Secondly, I had Chimera installed for the past 3 years or so (since Snow Leopard) until I decided to install Clover given that I got annoyed of iMessage and Face Time not working with Chimera. That said, I have not installed Yosemite using Clover. As mentioned, I had Chimera installed as legacy (Chimera doesn't work with UEFI at this point, I understand) and I installed Clover after as UEFI (legacy on ASUS P5Q).

Now, does your board have UEFI BIOS? Secondly, did you try to use Tony's standard/minimal config.plist that he has provided (the last one attached)? That worked for all my MBs. Third, have you followed exactly steps 20 to 25 in Tony's post? Those I found to be the most important ones.

I have not used anything outside of Tony's guide and, contrary to most advices out there, I have NOT used a Clover USB stick to make the CustoMacs work given that I had Chimera installed as legacy and I wanted to go with Clover UEFI anyway. True, ASUS P5Q could've not worked out as expected but that was a risk I was willing to take (it's kind of my guinea pig machine).

Let me know what exactly is your situation and let's see if I can help you out. Try to PM me, not sure if that will work though.

Sorry, just added more info. I successfully installed with UniBeast/MultiBeast combo. Was hoping to switch over to the clover install method.

Hello! I need a help! I decided to install OS X 10.10 on my PC, so i have troubles. Im install with unibeast OS X 10 10, in Post install - i choose Clover boot loader. after install and reboot i have an error: boot0af. I reading many forums and book "clover color hacki", and read of them "install boot loader on other local disk FAT-32 formatted and choose it how active." What i want: install Yosemite + Windows 10 + Ubuntu 14.04 - how i can do that?
I think it will be:
1. Full clean hdd (all local disks);
2. Install 5 partitons (1. Boot Clover (2gb), 2. Mac OS (100gb), 3. Windows (100gb), 4. Ununtu (100gb) and 5. Data (600 gb)) with Acronis Part Expert - bootable live cd
3. Install Mac OS on 2nd localdisk
4. Install Windows on 3rd localdisk
5. Install Ununtu on 4rd local disk
6. Boot from USB - to MacOS
7. Install Clover on 1st local disk with some flags.
8. Profit... (i think)
All manipulations are on 1 hdd. Installing Mac OS with unibeast - usb installer, bc i cant run clover USB (it just don't startup when i choice it on boot bios).
So what i can do wrong no that algorithm? Help to me please
And sorry for my English :)
My bios is UEFI, hdd hitachi 1TB,

Last edited:
I also tried all the above instructions in the guide and get the screen with the apple. Loads half-way and then white circle with line. Any ideas..

I'm having the same problem.. At step 3, point 13 the installation just get stuck, i try several times with different settings but is always the same. Can some one help please!

System:
- Asus P6T Deluxe v2
- Intel i7 920
- ATI Radeon HD 5870

When I boot the USB with Clover it starts to load with the black screen and white apple, the bar goes to about 40% then it switches to the next screen where the beach ball starts spinning and that is the end. I have to reboot.

When this happened using Chimera, I put a -x boot flag and that got me to the installer screen. After that I could finish the install.

Is there an equivalent boot flag in Clover that I can add that will get me to the install screen?
If there is, can you walk me through how to add that?

Thank you!
Len

Back