Contribute
Register

How To Install OS X Yosemite Using Clover

hi there

i'm using UniBeast+MultiBeast Mods for about 3 years now (mostly with GREAT success ;) thanks to all contributors here)

now i ran into a dead end with installing 10.10.1 with CLOVER
my rig:
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Core i7-3770k (@4.2Ghz currently)
EVGA GTX970 Superclock ACX2.0 4GB
8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM
Corsair Force GS (red) 240GB SSD

ALL is working extremely fine with Chimera bootloader (with or without Z77X-UD5H DSDT --> i guess sleep/wake only works with DSDT for me, but that's not the point right now *g*)

i struggled for 2 weeks now, to get a running setup with clover where i could use my above setup.
no luck. :( :(

has ANYONE here a clear guide how to build a bootable and running config for CLOVER to get this nice little rig up and running?
i'm out of ideas unfortunately and i found nothing clarifying via the Search on the top right corner :-/

please, can anyone provide some tipps or help for this? or a link with a 101 step-by-step guide for clover and z77x-ud5h boards with i7-3770k and gtx970?

cheers everyone...

Why would I be able to boot the Recovery HD with no issue, but not my Yosemite? I was up and running with my regular Yosemite partition and Clover, until trying to make SMBIOS tweaks to get iMessage working. Now when I boot anything but the Recovery partition, I eventually get the Ghostbuster NO symbol. If i do a verbose, safe or single user flag as a boot option.... It loads a page and a half of text, then within 30 seconds, becomes a garbled screen, which occasionally will update if I plug in a usb or something like that. However, still garbled. Any suggestions?

@tonymacx86

Could you include the Clover boot loader with MultiBeast - Yosemite, I'm sure you could code it in somehow, Clover is more complicated, but the boot times Clover brings are hard to ignore, it does seem to be faster in many ways, the Ethernet drivers that I use off of MultiBeast work with both Chimera and Clover, however things like my Sound don't, so i'm guessing thats why your holding off including it for now ?

I also tried all the above instructions in the guide and get the screen with the apple. Loads half-way and then white circle with line. Any ideas..

Have a look here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-clover-uefi-guide-gigabyte-ga-z77x-ud5h.html

hi there

i'm using UniBeast+MultiBeast Mods for about 3 years now (mostly with GREAT success ;) thanks to all contributors here)

now i ran into a dead end with installing 10.10.1 with CLOVER
my rig:
GA-Z77X-UD5H
Core i7-3770k (@4.2Ghz currently)
EVGA GTX970 Superclock ACX2.0 4GB
8GB Kingston DDR3 RAM
Corsair Force GS (red) 240GB SSD

ALL is working extremely fine with Chimera bootloader (with or without Z77X-UD5H DSDT --> i guess sleep/wake only works with DSDT for me, but that's not the point right now *g*)

i struggled for 2 weeks now, to get a running setup with clover where i could use my above setup.
no luck. :( :(

has ANYONE here a clear guide how to build a bootable and running config for CLOVER to get this nice little rig up and running?
i'm out of ideas unfortunately and i found nothing clarifying via the Search on the top right corner :-/

please, can anyone provide some tipps or help for this? or a link with a 101 step-by-step guide for clover and z77x-ud5h boards with i7-3770k and gtx970?

cheers everyone...

Hello,

I have Asus Z97I-PLUS, i7-4790K, Integrated HD4600. It hangs after booting into installation screen after versbose mode with Apple logo, progress bar underneath and cursor turning into spinning beachball. Any idea?

jeffkck

Has anyone gotten this to work well with older motherboards? I've got a Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR with a Q9650 and 16GB of RAM - the guide doesn't have much (if any) detail on which options to pick for legacy BIOS-based motherboards.

Kinda lost on this...

Yes, success full install on GA-EP35-DS3P with Q6600 and 8800GT. You will find a post on the forum about the settings I use.

Hi everyone,
First of my system:

Gigabyte z87x-d3h
i5-4670k
msi gtx 760.

I'm trying to install Yosemite using the clover method and I'm running into this issue when booting into the usb:

IMG_0095.jpg

The boot freezes at that point.

I tried to follow Tonymac's guide step by step but I'm not sure how to set up the config.plist. I chose to use the config.plist-standard that he provided. I also followed the custom clover install for the usb.

I'm having the same problem as well. Have a evga geforce 760 and don't know which config list to choose or how to even create one. Really need someone's help using layman's terms. Super noob here :[. Been trying for the past 2 days. Just can't seem to get clover to boot.

Back