Contribute
Register

How to install Mac OSX Sierra on x99 tai-chi

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. great progress I just made on this issue... I just sold my MSI RX480 8GB to a local guy here. lol. and placed order for zotac 1060
That's great news! You'd love it!

Thanks, helped me with my asrock fatal1ty x99 professional gaming i7 + e5-4655 v3 + 980ti

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 5.50.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-06-01 at 5.50.12 PM.png
    106 KB · Views: 210
Thanks so much zvaniel for making this guide! I have the exact same setup as you (except for the GPU) and I gave up on getting MacOS to work on my setup, so you've given me hope that it can be done.

I tried following your guide but I keep getting what I believe are IOConsoleUsers panics. Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this? For reference I have my ethernet cable plugged into the lower jack and I have everything else unplugged except for the keyboard and monitors. I have copied all of your installation files onto my USB as well, and I have also turned off VT-D and Secure Boot in my BIOS. I have to sometimes change the "npci=0x2000" boot flag to "npci=0x3000" or else I get stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin".

Also I just want to confirm that I'm not misunderstanding you--in your guide you mention that I should turn off all of my C-States and turn off all of the audio options. Are you referring to the screenshots below, or are you talking about something else? Thanks in advance for any further insight that you might be able to provide!

Thanks so much zvaniel for making this guide! I have the exact same setup as you (except for the GPU) and I gave up on getting MacOS to work on my setup, so you've given me hope that it can be done.

I tried following your guide but I keep getting what I believe are IOConsoleUsers panics. Do you have any idea as to what could be causing this? For reference I have my ethernet cable plugged into the lower jack and I have everything else unplugged except for the keyboard and monitors. I have copied all of your installation files onto my USB as well, and I have also turned off VT-D and Secure Boot in my BIOS. I have to sometimes change the "npci=0x2000" boot flag to "npci=0x3000" or else I get stuck at "PCI Configuration Begin".

Also I just want to confirm that I'm not misunderstanding you--in your guide you mention that I should turn off all of my C-States and turn off all of the audio options. Are you referring to the screenshots below, or are you talking about something else? Thanks in advance for any further insight that you might be able to provide!

Are you dual booting or anything? One hdd or two separate ones?

After 1st MacOS installation on HDD, boot up into clover via USB and activate verbose mode, and disable nvidia drivers.

If that doesn't work try to leave the web drivers enabled and try. Send me a message if you need help bro, I've been screwing around with this set up for a month

Last edited:
Thanks for the offer to help! Sorry I didn't specify in my original post, but I am having these problems on installation, so I haven't been able to get MacOS installed yet. I have a separate HDD for the MacOS installation and will be dual booting if I can ever get that far. Did you have to turn off the c-state and audio checkboxes from my previous post? It didn't seem to make any difference for me. I also tried nv_disable=1 instead of the existing nvidia boot flag but that didn't seem to get me any farther.

Sorry for the late response. Yes, turn off all the C-states off and un-check everything in the Audio Tunning section. Enter the flag "nv_disable=1". From what I remember you have to use "npci=0x2000" for x99 chipsets. Try to start the system with the "-x" flag.

So it ends up that I actually have been doing the installation according to your instructions (thanks for the confirmation!) but it doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried both with and without the -x flag (seems to get farther without it) and I've also tried with both of the different nvidia flags. I've tried with and without c-states, with and without the Audio boxes checked, and every combination of the above that I can think of but to no avail. It seems that the farthest that I can get is when I get a panic at "IOConsoleUsers."

@zvaniel Please make EFI Ready Installation for High Sierra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back