Contribute
Register

How to get a fresh start and fix my audio situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! I have my hackintosh up and running and for a time, had headphone audio working. I was trying to get my TV's HDMI audio to work but I've tried everything I could think of and had no luck. I've just been blindly trying things in clover config to no avail. Now I have a situation where videos won't start playing and even though my headphones show up as an output, I get no audio from them either.

I have 10.12.6 Sierra installed
Asrock Z170 K4 motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 1070 Founders Edition Video card
Through various means I found that my onboard audio is ALC1150

Can anyone point me in the right direction of first how to get a fresh start aka delete the kexts I don't need from S/L/E and/or Clover config, then what to do to get my audio back? (hopefully get HDMI audio working too!)

Well to help anyone who has battled through this. I just got it by first running the voodoohda 2.8.8 installer, then I found that voodoohda 2.9d was out. I downloaded that which gave me a voodoo kext file. I used a program called kext Utility to install the voodoo kext 2.9 file and rebooted. Viola, for the first time all of my audio inputs work. ALL OF THEM. Even the video not playing issue got fixed by this audio issue getting fixed. Truly amazing.

Note: You most likely don't have to install 2.8.8 voodoo first, but I wanted to tell you exactly the process I went through to get it working. You could probably just skip to downloading version 2.9 and inserting the kext with kext Utility I'd imagine.

First decision, VoodooHDA or AppleHDA?
If Vioodoo, proceed with 1150 and 1070
If AppleHDA, all Voodoo must be removed; clean install recommended.
1150: see Before You Install Audio
HD530: HDEF required (see 1150) and HDMI Audio AppleHDA/clover HDMI
1070: to date, HDMI audio does not work on HDMI port (Nvidia problem), works with DP2HDMI or DVI2HDMI adapter, see HDMI Audio AppleHDA/clover HDMI

Me too.
I was trying to get my Philips BDM4037UW HDMI audio with DP and AppleHDA.
I've tried everything I could think of and had no luck.
Only with VoodooHDA 2.9 audio works.

But as I think AppleHDA is better method, a novice quide will be much appreciated.

I have 10.12.5 Sierra
Gigabyte Z170x ultra gaming motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 1050 ti
ALC892 and audio ID 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back