Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting - I would be curious what you find.

I will look at my own console log and see what I find. It doesn't seem like my machine sleeps - I can hear everything running - fans, HDDs, etc. it is just that I can't get my monitor to come back on when I switch it off. I can Remote Desktop into the system just fine.

EDIT: Nothing in the Console.log. Quite frustrating. I really would like to stay away from buying a cheap nVidia card

I got my second monitor to come to life via hotplug after running the AGDPfix.app but it still sleeps during boot (yuck) and so I'll need to unplug/replug every time I shut down and restart.

Interestingly, I'm generating a "Intel GPU Hang Summary" log file in System Reports for restarts with both monitors connected. The error summary seems to be...

Code:
Scheduler interface revision 1: Default EL Scheduler: Multiple channels per index

Processing hang for hardware context ID[4]

-- Summary of Status for ALL Rings --
RCS Ring is:    - busy - waiting on an event  - in a batch buffer    <-- Appears hung
VCS Ring is:    - NOT enabled - idle
BCS Ring is:    - NOT enabled - idle
VECS Ring is:    - NOT enabled - idle
VCS2 Ring is:    - NOT enabled - idle

I do not generate this log file if I reboot with one monitor connected. Maybe someone here can make sense of this? I've attached the entire log as well.

Attachments

• Kernel_2017-08-07-085632_HackPro.gpuRestart.txt
    64.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
Actually, all sorts of crap going awry now... if displays sleep none will wake and hot swapping in the secondary display causes the primary display to sleep sometimes, or the entire system to shut down sometimes. This after installing AGDPfix. Everything still A-OK if I boot with one display connected. :crazy:

Okay, y'all. I'm trying to figure it out. Everything seems to be working...except when it attempts to use the iGPU, my entire computer crashes. IE when I open Safari and go to Google or YouTube it crashes (Facebook works IDK why). Also when I try and use the test in OpenGL Extension Viewer it crashes.

Basically I'm wondering if anyone else has this problem or knows where to look to see why it crashed.

also also! I had the blank screen problem and I was able to get past that just by putting the suggested kexts into the EFI/.../kext/other folder.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does not look like the HD 6* series is working natively, System Report notice that there is a 650 (in my case) active but OpenGL does not (Still HD 540)

Is this just a bug or is the actual 3D engine(s) still thinking there is a older generation GFX?

Hi Studiox, where you able to get an answer to this?

I have a similar issue, 'Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640' reporting in 'About This Mac', but 'Intel Iris Graphics 540' in 'OpenGL Extension Viewer'. I have made all config.plist changes, so no idea where it could possibly be pulling Intel 540. Any ideas on how else to test?

Have you manage to run two monitors at HD630?
If I connect second monitor, screen goes black on the first one (second don't event blink!)
So I am not able to use both displays at the same time.. No mater if I run my PC with 1 monitor and then connect second, or start booting with two.. It won't work... Ay ideas and solutions would be nice...

Have you manage to run two monitors at HD630?
If I connect second monitor, screen goes black on the first one (second don't event blink!)
So I am not able to use both displays at the same time.. No mater if I run my PC with 1 monitor and then connect second, or start booting with two.. It won't work... Ay ideas and solutions would be nice...

For me, I leave my monitor connected to the DisplayPort turned off at boot, leaving just the monitor on the hdmi. When I get to the login screen I can then turn on the my DisplayPort monitor. Then login as normal. I've found that I get a kp if I login and then turn the monitor on.

For me, I leave my monitor connected to the DisplayPort turned off at boot, leaving just the monitor on the hdmi. When I get to the login screen I can then turn on the my DisplayPort monitor. Then login as normal. I've found that I get a kp if I login and then turn the monitor on.
I see you have 2 graphic cards, have you connected both monitors to the motherboard or to the graphic card?

I don't know why it wont work to me...
I am booting PC with only one display (connected to the HDMI). Next, after boot and login to the system I am connecting second monitor to the DVI - and now first monitor goes black, 2nd won't start...

I see you have 2 graphic cards, have you connected both monitors to the motherboard or to the graphic card?

I don't know why it wont work to me...
I am booting PC with only one display (connected to the HDMI). Next, after boot and login to the system I am connecting second monitor to the DVI - and now first monitor goes black, 2nd won't start...

I have connected both ways. I can use the built in HD 630 as my main monitor, and then use the 1080Ti as my second. That config has been rock solid with no problems. But I prefer to use both monitors on the HD 630, so I can use the 1080Ti (eGPU) as a cuda engine for rendering on my desktop and my MBP.

It doesn't work for me... I have installed Lilu and IntelgraphicsFixup, and also edited my config.list with the number of ig-platform-id, but without any success... : about this mac : intel HD graphics 630 7 Mo...

I tried also then to add patch in DSDT : change GFX0 to IGPU... has added -shikigva in boot ->custom flags... and have checked Injection Intel option in Graphics...

My system definition is iMac 14.2...

Any idea ? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back