Contribute
Register

How to enable 'Kaby Lake' Intel 6xx Graphics (10.12.6+)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you attach here you EFI/CLOVER, without the themes, so that we can have a look?

Yes, OK...

ACPI : patches : Rename HDAS to HDEF and Change GFX0 to IGPU.
Boot : flag : -shikigva
Devices : nothing.
Graphics : Inject Intel checked and ig-platform id : 0X59120000
SMBIOS : iMac 14.4

And in L/E : IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext and Shiki.text.

Video port : DVI.

Thanks.

Yes, OK...

ACPI : patches : Rename HDAS to HDEF and Change GFX0 to IGPU.
Boot : flag : -shikigva
Devices : nothing.
Graphics : Inject Intel checked and ig-platform id : 0X59120000
SMBIOS : iMac 14.4

And in L/E : IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext and Shiki.text.

Video port : DVI.

Thanks.
Not easy without the complete folder...
Still, you could try to set 0x59128086 as IntelGFX in Devices and -disablegfxfirmware as boot arg

I've had a previous installation which worked very good. I had some issues with video glitches but fixed it with the 0x19120000 (And 0x19160000 ) and AAPL,GfxYTile.

Now I reinstalled because I have a new SSD installed and also updated to the newest OSX version. Now I still get this glitch issue, especially when I use applications it lags. With mission control and showing all the apps etc. too. Since I use the HD630 I tried this too: “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000, IntelGFX to 0x59128086. I installed the Lilu, intelgraphicsfixup and shiku kexts too but nothing works. Ive had it working previously, the only difference is the newer OSX version. What could it be?

Attachments

• config.plist
    17 KB · Views: 155
  • saschas-iMac.ioreg
    4.5 MB · Views: 133
I've had a previous installation which worked very good. I had some issues with video glitches but fixed it with the 0x19120000 (And 0x19160000 ) and AAPL,GfxYTile.

Now I reinstalled because I have a new SSD installed and also updated to the newest OSX version. Now I still get this glitch issue, especially when I use applications it lags. With mission control and showing all the apps etc. too. Since I use the HD630 I tried this too: “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000, IntelGFX to 0x59128086. I installed the Lilu, intelgraphicsfixup and shiku kexts too but nothing works. Ive had it working previously, the only difference is the newer OSX version. What could it be?

Your config.plist has none of the settings you mention.
Your ioreg is corrupt (use IORegistryExplorer v2.1).

Solved !!!!

Thanks for your advice : I added 0x59128086 as IntelGFX in Devices and also -disablegfxfirmware as boot arg in config.list and now it works !

I do not understand why this tip is not described in the tutorial.

Native Kaby Lake graphics drivers for Kaby Lake HD 630 are now available in 10.12.6. In order to enable native KBL graphics, the following changes are necessary.

Intel HD 6xx

For desktop systems with Intel HD 6xx graphics. Fix for most Intel HD 6xx graphics port layouts on 200 Series motherboards. Installs Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in /Library/Extensions. Adds the following to Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist: ig-platform-id=0x59120000.

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
https://sourceforge.net/projects/intelgraphicsfixup/
hi
every time i boot , I have to use my USB drive and I go to the option and inject Intel hd graphic 630 to boot my hakentosh

I have i3-7100 , 4gb ram .and 1tb hdd and Asus h110m-a /m.2 motherboard. and also I can't get the graphic driver hd630 in my hakentosh .

pleas help me to solve this problem . thanks.

Asus z170i 7700K with SMBIOS changed to either iMac18,1 , 18,2 or 18,3 dual display works, primary DP and secondary HDMI, hot plugging the secondary HDMI display works too.. previously on 10.12.5 I've tried all the patches with SMBIOS iMac 14.2 and iMac 17.1 and it was always hit and miss, since 10.12.6 its pretty stable the only issue is blank screen glitches that happen on 4K or 1080P HiDPI when running only 1 monitor, when 2 monitor is connected its running well.

my config, pretty much the same as @azhiltsov above :

config.plist:
* SMBIOS changed to either iMac18,1 , 18,2 or 18,3

* ACPI --> GFX0->IGPU (without this only blank screen after clover boot)

* KERNEL AND KEXT PATCHES
remove FakeCPUID

* GRAPHICS - “ig-platform-id” changed to 0x59120000

* DEVICES - “Fake ID” for IntelGFX changed to 0x59128086

* BOOT - Add “-disablegfxfirmware” under Custom Flags

IDK if this makes any difference to iGPU config but I also installed FakePCIID.kext in S/L/E and Clover/Kext/10.12/ cause I need to enable my broadcom Wifi card.

https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu/releases
https://sourceforge.net/projects/intelgraphicsfixup/
how to do
ACPI --> GFX0->IGPU

I have patched with two kexts mentioned in the first post. lilu and intelfixup kext. My sleep works, but when i wake i got a blank screen and the it reboots. It is not waking up the screen, so it does a reboot

ASUS Z270i Strix
i7-7700K
16gb ram
hd630 only

taking apart the wake up (I have disabled the computer wake, I don't mind), the IGP work really good. I've followed the hints given in the forum, with both multibeast and clover configurator parameters, and I must admit it's a real pleasure so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back