Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have same issue:"Mount of outer dmg failed."
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app --no interactionErasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...
Copying installer files to disk...
Copy complete.
Making disk bootable...
Mount of outer dmg failed.
Done.
You have two further options,

1.Try the same with another USB stick. I got the issue resolved by this way.

2.Wait the El Capitan final release.

I have same issue:"Mount of outer dmg failed."
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ Public\ Beta.app --no interactionErasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...
Copying installer files to disk...
Copy complete.
Making disk bootable...
Mount of outer dmg failed.
Done.

In Terminal type sudo su press return
Then type the /Applications etc... command

Tom I had that problem with a USB larger than 11 GB. Partition your USB so that your installation partition is < 11 GB.

Weird, but worked for me.

Well, tried another USB pendrive and I finished Clover installer creation, thank you Tom. Now the machine boots fine from USB but it hangs at about 3/4 of the bootloader, then a KP happens saying "no HPETs available cpu configured incorrectly". Tried on 2 different machines, both hang with same KP at the same point. Still testing but I guess we'd better wait for a MultiBeast installer.........

Well, tried another USB pendrive and I finished Clover installer creation, thank you Tom. Now the machine boots fine from USB but it hangs at about 3/4 of the bootloader, then a KP happens saying "no HPETs available cpu configured incorrectly". Tried on 2 different machines, both hang with same KP at the same point. Still testing but I guess we'd better wait for a MultiBeast installer.........

config.plist/DSDT/Fixes/FixHPET_0010=true.

http://clover-wiki.zetam.org/Configuration/ACPI#DSDT-/-Fixes

Or load NullCPUPowerManagement.kext like would be used with Unibeast.

Thank you for the hint RehabMan, I'm gonna give it a try.....

Tried your fix, no luck same KP.
Could you please take a look to my DSDT? It works fine with Mavericks 10.9.5

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    6.4 KB · Views: 141
I'm using the standard one I downloaded from post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back