Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't do the installer....

I put the app with this name (Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate) into apps folder.... And In the terminal I put that..

sudo '/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia' --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath '/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app' --no interaction

And the system return me this error "sudo: /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found"

What I'm doing bad?

Thank you in advance

PD: forget all, I found the mistakes.

How far have you gotten? Did you complete the El Capitan installation? Did you select a language and create an account and etc.?

After the install you will still need to boot from the USB drive until you've installed Clover to the system drive and configured it.

I was twice and i booted from the USB and waited to see the first OS X set up the language.

I can't do the installer....

I put the app with this name (Install OS X El Capitan GM Candidate) into apps folder.... And In the terminal I put that..

sudo '/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia' --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath '/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app' --no interaction

And the system return me this error "sudo: /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia: command not found"

What I'm doing bad?

Thank you in advance

PD: forget all, I found the mistakes.
Use this command:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan\ GM\ Candidate.app --no interaction
Note the absence of the single quote. Also, when you copy and paste it into the Terminal window, pull the window as wide as you can so that you can see that the command is on a single line.

I was twice and i booted from the USB and waited to see the first OS X set up the language.

here is a screen shots of the output when i restart in V mode and also in safe mode :

IMG_0221.jpgIMG_0222.jpg

Stork, thank you for you reply. I saw the mistakes, before that I wrote it.

Now, The problem is to install It. I dont pass from the first view.... Apple Icon and I have a issue....

OsxAptipFIXDRV: Error - request memory exceeds our allocated relocation block
Request mem: 570B000 - B2D4FFF, pages 5BCA, Size : 5BCA000
Reloc Block: BA113000 - C3CC3FFF, Pages 9BB1, Size: 9BB1000
Reloc Block can handle mem request : 0 - 9BB0FFF

Any suggest?

Thank you.

I successfully created a USB installer (using Clover v3270 and the El Capitan GM Release Candidate), and I can boot from it, but it only gets part-way through the boot and then my system reboots. Here's a photo of the screen - it consistently gets to this point, pauses for a long while, then there's some access activity on the USB stick, it pauses for another long while, then reboots.

20150927_085229_HDR.jpg

Unable to get to the El Capitan installer using this approach, just for kicks I tried simply running the installer from Yosemite. This fails too - when I attempt to select my boot SSD for upgrade, it's grayed out and says "This disk cannot be used to start up your computer." WTF?!?

Any ideas? Am I stuck on Yosemite for good?

17. Hit Customize and install Clover to the same USB

Is it just me or does this step feel like it's glossing over a bunch of stuff that was specifically outlined in the previous Yosemite Clover install instructions?

Are you supposed to just click the customize button, yet leave all the settings in the default setup? Was there not a difference in setup between Legacy and UEFI setups previously? Maybe you are, but it doesn't seem the default setup would address everything needed to boot. I know the Yosemite instructions had numerous screenshots outlining the proper settings. Have things changed? Should I just use the same Yosemite setup I had previously? So far I've had no luck trying to do a fresh install with these instructions.

I'm someone who has setup hackintoshes before, but really need those step by step instructions to be bulletproof. Or am I nitpicking a work in progress?

Is it just me or does this step feel like it's glossing over a bunch of stuff that was specifically outlined in the previous Yosemite Clover install instructions?

Are you supposed to just click the customize button, yet leave all the settings in the default setup? Was there not a difference in setup between Legacy and UEFI setups previously? Maybe you are, but it doesn't seem the default setup would address everything needed to boot. I know the Yosemite instructions had numerous screenshots outlining the proper settings. Have things changed? Should I just use the same Yosemite setup I had previously? So far I've had no luck trying to do a fresh install with these instructions.

I'm someone who has setup hackintoshes before, but really need those step by step instructions to be bulletproof. Or am I nitpicking a work in progress?
Just follow the same instructions you used for creating a Yosemite installer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back