Contribute
Register

How to Create a OS X El Capitan Public Beta Installation USB Using Clover

Status
Not open for further replies.

(For Final Release)
Code:
sudo /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ Capitan.app --no interaction

You have forgot at the end the correct path is "/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction"
:thumbup:

You have forgot at the end the correct path is "/Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app --no interaction"
:thumbup:

Fixed top post. Thanks!

Fixed top post. Thanks!

There should be no space between "--no" and "interaction". It is one option named "--nointeraction".

Specifying "--no" will have no effect (unrecognized option).

And the extra argument of "interaction" will likewise be ignored.

There should be no space between "--no" and "interaction". It is one option named "--nointeraction".

Specifying "--no" will have no effect (unrecognized option).

And the extra argument of "interaction" will likewise be ignored.

Actually, for what little it's worth, it's always worked for me with "--no interaction" with the space... :)

I created the stick with the guide. But after the Apple Logo shows up and the loading bar is full only a black screen appears.

Any ideas?

I created the stick with the guide. But after the Apple Logo shows up and the loading bar is full only a black screen appears.

Any ideas?

Try nvdisable=1 or cpus=1 or both

I had this problem, my computer said It could not find the boot device and to insert bootable media,
I found that with a UEFI motherboard you must format your usb as GPT and install clover to the efi partition
If you have a bios computer format your usb as MBR and install clover as normal, MBR does not have an efi partition

It seems my posts were moved to the developer beta section (which I don't have permission to view)? My question is about the public beta, I don't have a developer account. I linked the developer page because it has more specific info about beta 4

Beta 4 via app store https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram/

Is there a better place to discuss this? I'm sure there are others wanting to get beta 4 working on their skylakes.

For those who didn't get to read the earlier posts, downloading beta 4 doesn't create a .app in /applications and instead prompts the user to restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back